April 2020 - MRC Forums and database fully restored

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

April 2020 - MRC Forums and database fully restored

Postby Lanji » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:36 am

Greetings everyone,

After nearly 6 months, I'm finally happy to announce that the MRC Forums are finally back up and running!

A fuller report will come out as soon as I can, but as part of a test I wanted to get this post made (successfully) tonight before finally turning in.

In the face of the global pandemic, I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

There are a few things I will add quickly though:
* We're on a new server! The hosting service for this site, and a few others is Linode, a company that I have been using for another non-profit I work with for the last few years.
* The new server is automatically backed up nightly at the OS level, so we might lose a day of posts in the future, but not 6 months of downtime
* The phpBB forums will need a major upgrade: I know I've been behind, but on the old server we had an older version of PHP. This new server supports multiple versions, and I downgraded for a temporary period until I can complete the upgrade
* The Wiki is still offline: I have more to do there
* In light of the time off we've had, and as a result of the global pandemic, I'm hoping to finally have time to improve the site front-end as well

Once again, my sincerest apologies for the amount of downtime as a result of this major outage.

-Lanji
Last edited by Lanji on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moving to normal post

White Knight

Re: April 2020 - MRC Forums and database fully restored

Postby InfernosCaress » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:03 pm

Good to see you again. Doing well, I hope.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

We are doing okay over here in Texas. Some people wear masks when they go out for safety reasons. Today, I saw one guy wearing a bandana like he was going to rob a stagecoach, and one woman wearing a fake mustache.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:22 pm

Bleu and I are doing well. I am an essential worker so I am going into work every day but she gets to work from home.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Quick update today, we did see a Disk Space issue with the server. It was resolved quickly, and we're back up and running.

Apologies for the issue!

-Lanji

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Thanks, Chris.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Return to General Discussion