Sabre's status

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Re: Sabre's status

Postby Sabre » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:57 pm

Thanks to both of you. Kosh,you're always welcome.

Wayne, I'm going to take a look around. Let me know where Genji is going as the more the merrier I think. Is there anyplace that you'd like me to check out first?

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:07 am

Wayne, didn't I have some active characters if you game that became abandoned? I'm to minimize the time it takes to create a new character and go with something that will get me started ASAP.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Sabre, its good to hear that you will be coming back. Im looking forward to gaming with you again.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Yay! My spinning emerald friend is back xxx
kimi ni fureyou to suru hodo tsukande wa kieru "yuki no hana"
https://youtu.be/bDGm_GGaqo8

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:14 am

I think we can get you started almost immediately.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:03 pm

Sorry for the delay. I've just finished a house reno, on my daughter's bedroom and I've been kind of under the weather. I'll have all of my posts, all boards updated this weekend. (Wayne and Vonni, you've met my daughter Isabelle. She is now 1 full inch taller than her mother.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Gerhard » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:54 pm

He's ALIVE!!!

:P

Glad to see you back. Stop apologizing for being a good dad.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Welcome back.

How tall is her mother? 'Cause if she is one meter tall, then beating her out is not a very impressive feat.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:41 pm

One more day. Her mother is 5'8

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:57 am

Oh, then your daughter is my height. Inform her that she may now cease to grow.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:57 pm

How time flies, my friend. I remember when Vonni and I came to visit. She had come into the room where we were sleeping, having displaced her toys. And you so very seriously informed her, "Look Izzy, those are Americans". Good times, my friend. Good times.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Wed May 31, 2017 12:32 pm

Please be advised that I will be away in the United States (Nebraska) from June 1st to the 5th, 2017 for a wedding. My daughter will be travelling with my. My current plan is to take my laptop so I should have computer access by there may be a delay between posts.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:36 pm

I will be away on holiday with my family for a week starting this weekend. Essentially I'll be out of town from July 22-28th, 2017. I'll be taking my computer with me but internet access will be spotty.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Have fun! My love to the fam.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Will do but and I'll pass along the message. We're heading to Osoyoos BC which as you may know is the part of BC, very close to where those forest fires are burning. Earlier this week, the town of Osoyoos was filled with smoke haze but thus far there doesn't seem to be an big enough danger to cancel our cottage trip. We're taking our passports though. Half of lake Osoyoos is in the USA so we're really close to the border. Are passports are for if we need to make an escape through the USA to get home, we can avoid and headaches and hangups at the border.

Under normal circumstances, crossing the border for emergency and humanitarian reasons like safety from an approaching roaring forest fire; would have been a no brainer and no problem. Now days....I'm not so sure.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Hey Nic, enjoy your trip and ill keep your family in my prayers that the smoke doesn't encroach on you anymore. As far as the passports go, never hurts to be prepared.....just in case. Hope you have fun and we'll see you when you get back.

Chris
aka Stang
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Why would you purposely go to a place next to a wildfire? That sounds unwise.

Enjoy the passports while you have them. No doubt Trump will try to build a wall around Northern Mexico, too.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Booked and paid for in advance.

There's a fire up in those parts virtually every year. In fact, two summers ago we were there, stopped at a local winery for a tour and then settled down in their tasting room to enjoy a glass or two. The during the week following our return home, the fire roard in and the tasting room facility of the winery was lost to the fire.

It's not unwise to continue if the risk is acceptable and I've worked out an exit plan. Our emergency services are the best in the world, we'll be told well in advance if we need to evacuate and will be prevented from travelling to unsafe areas.

As for the wall, last I heard was the wall MUST be built but it now must be transparent to prevent Americans from being hit on the heads and injured by flying bags of narcotics which the Mexicans hurl over. Yup..., flying bags of narcotics....gets more and more surreal with each snippet and alternative fact that I hear. No talk concrete answers on where the funding is going to come from the build this fantastic, transparent wall. A cheaper alternative would be to build your wall with conventional materials (still no concrete word on how that much that will cost or how it gets paid for either) and instead of being transparent, maybe just issue American's who walk adjacent to "The big beautiful wall", hard hats, or bike helmets. I'd recommned you line them with tinfoil to block the signals from whatever source has that is controlling and compelling you to have apparently abandoned all reason.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:56 pm

If they went to a place that caught fire every year and built a business based on storing alcohol there, then they deserve to lose said business.

I happen to be from Texas, myself. I lived near the boarder in 2014-2015. Then-President Bush built a wall along the trouble spots of the boarder. It was transparent, mainly because it was wire. And, yes, drug transporters do just hurl their packages over the wall. Some times they do it by hand, other times they use automobile-mounted air cannons because portions of the wall are near a kilometer further in than the river dividing the countries.

Now, Trump wants a full divider wall. That would be a bit over thirty-two hundred kilometers long. He claims that it will be nine meters tall and made from concrete, with rebar supports and possessing a metal coating. He told Mexico that they would have to pay for it. Mexico refused. Trump added an extra three meters of height on to his plan as punishment then demanded once again that Mexico built it.

On a related note: Trump is an idiot.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Long weekend in Canada. I'll try updating my own game posts and respond to Cobalt's game(s) this evening.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am

A small delay. I will try sneaking some posts in during the day but will be updating all threads including the Dungeons and Dragons thread this evening.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:33 am

Slight delay.
Monday was my birthday, I had the day off and video games during the day and dinner in the evening so I didn't post.

Tuesday (last night) I had to look after the neighbor kid so I couldn't post

Wednesday (tonight) Going out for dinner again with Jane and her parents. Her Dad and have birthdays 2 days apart so we usually do some kind of joint celebration. I'll try and do some posting when I get home but the reality is I may not be able to post until Thursday. I'll try and get some good stuff up tonight though, due to the nature of some of the posts, I can't sneak in a post from work. Because of some of the adult subject matter, it would be grounds for dismissal.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:36 am

Happy (belated) Birthday. Nick!!!
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:08 am

Well, happy birthday to you. :)

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:04 pm

What they said!
Happy b'day ;)

... Plus you're a scorpio and we just rock ;D
"The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read" ~ Terry Pratchett

PreviousNext

Return to Member Updates