Star Trek Notice

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Star Trek Notice

Postby Cobalt » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:24 pm

As you have all noticed, I closed my two non-Macross games and on both of the announcements, I indicated that I had a new project I wanted to explore. Here it is.

I want to run a Star Trek game. I've never run one before and I think it could be fun.

Setting

The year 2369. The galaxy is unsettled. The Klingon Empire is in a state of flux. The Cardassians have relinquished their hold on Bajor. The Romulans nibble at the edges of the Neutral Zone.

Deep Space 9 has just received its first Federation Crew. Voyager is still under construction.

Enterprise Senior Crew
Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Commander William Riker
Commander Beverly Crusher, MD
Lt. Commander Commander Data
Lt. Commander Deanna Troi
Lieutenant Worf
Ensign Ro Laren

DS9
Commander Benjamin Sisko
Major Kira Nerys
Lieutenant (jg) Julian Bashir
Lieutenant Jadzia Dax
Chief Petty Officer Miles O'Brien
Constable Odo
Quark

Prospective Characters: Characters are 4th Year cadets at Starfleet Academy. Minimum age for applicants is 16. The youngest a character can be is 20. Characters must have excelled academically in their chosen field (command, operations, or sciences) and have a clean disciplinary record.

If interested, please post a character proposal on this thread.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Re: Star Trek Notice

Postby Kosh » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:29 am

Sounds interesting. Always been a trekkie so happy to throw in with this.

Rough draft of a character, I'm thinking a human/vulcan hybrid. Born on Setlik 3 and a survivor of the Cardassian attack. Raised by human relatives and enlisted in the Academy around 19. Seriously opinionated view of Cardassians.

As for what colour of shirt to wear, im thinking engineering or science, but happy to see how the party develops for diversity sake.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:41 am

I like the concept. Start Academy at 19 means he or she was born sometime between September 2345 and August of 2346.

Current date is June of 2369. Character is 23 to 24 depending on b-day. Please go ahead and begin building this character on the Joining Board.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:33 pm

I have an idea and if it doesn't work, I can rework it. My idea is for an Earthborn male raised on starships as his parents moved from posting to posting. He had a love of flying and was taught by off duty officers to pilot shuttles in the simulators and he hoped to one day pilot a starship. He would enter the academy at the assigned age.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:27 pm

He would have started being taught around 14. Any younger would have been irresponsible. He is sort of a pilot Wesley Crusher? Go ahead and make the character. Current age is 20-21 depending on b-day. Born between September 2348 and August of 2349.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Return to Member Updates