The Sad State of Cobalt

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

The Sad State of Cobalt

Postby Cobalt » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:58 am

DM burnout.

I am getting burnt out and I need a change in order to keep going. This is not going to happen overnight but I have been thinking about this for a little while now. I have a 2 part plan to change things up.

Step 1 - Reduce the number of games I am running. To that end, I will no longer be running solo games or multiple parties in the same game. My plan is to reduce down to 1 Macross game, 1 D&D game, and 1 Star Wars game.

Step 2 - Begin each game fresh. I started the Gunslingers 3.5 years ago. The D&D game started 7 years ago. The fresh start will allow me to create new stories without the weight of all that history.

This doesn't mean that I am going to abruptly shut down the current games. It does mean I will be bringing them to a close.

I will be posting the plot synopsis and character creation guidelines for each game over the next day or so.

Wayne
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Re: The Sad State of Cobalt

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:07 pm

You know my thought my old friend.

You mental health comes first. So you know my thoughts and you know that you have my full support.

Game Master

Re: The Sad State of Cobalt

Postby Cobalt » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Thank you.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Return to Member Updates