New Campaign Announcement - Mass Effect 3.5

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

New Campaign Announcement - Mass Effect 3.5

Postby Cobalt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:18 pm

I am starting a Mass Effect campaign. It is a N7 campaign, set in the immediate (as in five minutes) aftermath of the Crucible being fired and destroying the Reapers.

Below is a synopsis of the events that led up to the start of the campaign.

Mass Effect 1 - Commander Shepard, the woman that single-handedly held off the Skyllian Blitz at Elysium, discovers an immense alien threat, the Reapers. She leads a small crew against Saren Arterius, a Renegade Spectre that has allied with Sovereign, a Reaper, and the Geth. During the desperate chase, Shepard spares the last Rachni Queen. Kaidan Alenko is killed in action on Vrimire. During Sovereign's assault on the Citadel, Shepard spends human lives to save the Citadel Council.

Ambassador Udina becomes Councilor Udina and assumes a place on the Council in the aftermath of the assault.

Mass Effect 2- A Collector ship attacks SSV Normandy and destroys it. Commander Shepard is presumed KIA. The Council suppresses all information concerning Sovereign and determines that Sovereign was a Geth warship. Commander Shepard is resurrected through advanced cyber-surgery by Cerberus as the Collectors begin abducting human colonies.

Commander Shepard takes command of the SR-2 and, with a Cerberus crew, begins hunting for a way through the Omega 4 relay. During the mission, Shepard earned the loyalty of everyone serving under her. She made peace between Tali'Zorah and the Geth platfrom known as Legion. She kept Tali'Zorah from being exiled. She saved the Geth and reprogrammed those that had been loyal to the Reapers. In the end, she defied the Illusive Man and destroyed the Collector Base.

Unfortunately, a Batarian colony was destroyed when Shepard destroyed a Relay that was going to be used by the Reapers to invade. After the mission, Shepard turned herself and her ship over to Alliance Authorities. Her crew dispersed.

Mass Effect 3 - Commander Shepard takes command of the SR-2 durng the Reaper invasion of Earth. Reinstated by Admiral Anderson, Shepard begins a desperate search for allies and tries to tie a fractured galaxy together. During the weeks ahead, Shepard cements her status as a living legend. She cures the Genophage, makes peace between the Turians and the Krogan, discovers a living Prothean, makes peace between the Quarians and the Geth, saves the Rachni, and unites the whole galaxy against the Reapers.

The battle is not without its losses. Along the way, Shepard buries several friends, including Mordin Solus and Thane Krios. Shepard reunites with Admiral Anderson on Earth and the two of them are the only members of the strike team to make it to the Citadel, which had been moved into Earth orbit.

The Crucible, a weapon that had been designed and redesigned over countless cycles to destroy the Reapers, was activated. Using the Citadel as a catalyst, the Crucible sent tightly focused beams of destructive energy through every Mass Relay, destroying the Reapers.

The game begins in the immediate aftermath. Communication has been lost and no one knows if Shepard and Anderson survived.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm in.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:39 pm

I am so in.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Postby Kosh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:03 am

And my axe!

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:46 am

nice...
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:06 pm

Awesome. The board is up. I am approving character sheets as you send them to me.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Return to Member Updates