Shutting Down

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Shutting Down

Postby araruin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:23 pm

I would like to apologize to all of my players, but as of today, I am shutting down all of my games. I have not yet decided how active I will be as a player.

By way of explanation, I will say that it has been a long time coming. Both my home life and work performance have suffered for the time I spend on the MRC. Whenever I get time unsupervised at work, I usually log into the MRC to post for characters, and I have gotten far behind in my work load because of it .I also spend huge blocks of time on weekends preparing posts for games when I should be spending time with my wife and children. Additionally, I'm not spending any time preparing for my tabletop game until the last minute, and then I don't post online while I try to play catch up. In the last two weeks, except for a night I played Halo Wars with a buddy, my X-Box only came on to run a movie in the background while I worked on something else.

Once again, sorry to all who were depending on my. I only stuck it out this long because of the commitment I made to my players.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:27 pm

I completely understand, Nick. Family and work have to come first.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 am

Hey Ruin its cool man. Like Cobalt said, family and work come first.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:50 am

I'll third what's been said. Take good care of your wife and little one :)
"The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read" ~ Terry Pratchett

Postby Kosh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:23 am

Sorry to see this Araruin matey but as the others have said, if your have a choice then your making the right one.

Still though, i hope you find time to visit us. The MRC will be less without you around.

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:08 am

That's alright, Araruin. I agree with the others, you're making the right choice. Hopefully, you'll be able to come back someday and say 'Hi'.
1782. I will remember we're playing 4th edition and stop using my imagination.
-from the 1800 things Mr. Welch can no longer do in an RPG

Group Leader

Postby inix88 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 am

Sorry to see you go, but I understand completely. Please don't be a stranger.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:07 pm

For any who want to stay in touch, you can get me on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/araruin

It looks like Cobalt has tied everything up nicely as far as my stuff is concerned, so other than a little time recovering campaign notes, I will not likely be stopping by the MRC. Thanks for all of the well wishers. I enjoyed my time here, and I hope you guys can continue to build on what I put so much effort into.

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:46 pm

The place just won't be the same without you. :sad:

Best of luck in whatever comes next.

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Like Cobalt said, family and work come first. You could always take it further and say "Real Life" comes first as well. It's what I've had to do for quite a few years now.

Best wishes Araruin, and good luck! Thanks for all of your help, and your games and council over the years.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Bummer, I just logged on and caught this thread. Really sorry to see you go man, I hope our paths cross again in the future. As for me? My work life has started to stabilize and I am looking to return to the MRC as a player immediately.

Your campaign was one of my favourites.

All the best buddy!!

Return to Member Updates