New Game Proposal

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

New Game Proposal

Postby Cobalt » Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 am

GM: Cobalt
Setting: Star Wars
Time Period: Old Republic’s Dark Times

Player Count: 4 – 6

Suicide by Sith is a common danger for Jedi during the Dark Times of the Republic. The Sith Empire is resurgent in the shadowed places in the Galaxy. Interested players please post on this thread.

Players
BEAR - character created and approved
Bleu - character created and approved
Kosh - character created and approved
MustangGT02 - character created and approved
Nekopawed - character created and approved
Sabre - character created and approved
Sparky - character created and approved
Last edited by Cobalt on Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:36 am, edited 7 times in total.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Thu May 13, 2010 10:59 am

I'd like to reserve a spot if one remains free, but I cannot garuntee a dedicated posting schedule yet.

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu May 13, 2010 10:59 am

I will save a spot for you.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:06 am

Im in. Sounds really cool.

"Feel the Force flow through you." ~ Obi-Wan
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu May 13, 2010 11:12 am

Gotcha. You've been added to the list.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Power Member

Postby Nekopawed » Thu May 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Any prior knowledge needed?

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Basic Star Wars knowledge is about all. The time setting is rather vague on details.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Power Member

Postby Nekopawed » Thu May 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Mind if I join up then? I've seen a few friends play the tabletop version and thought it quite interesting.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu May 13, 2010 8:16 pm

You're in. I've added you to the list.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Thu May 13, 2010 8:27 pm

I'd be lying if i said i wasn't interested. But I would like to get settled into posting 3-4times a week before I make any obligations.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri May 14, 2010 8:04 am

I'll keep a spot on hold for you. I have two confirmed players, one reserved, and one maybe. I need two more players before I will commit to starting the game.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri May 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Hope you weren't planning on using Boardnation bud. As you see we're both in a hurtbag over there, haha.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 pm

You know, the thing about Boardnation was that they were a good host for a long time. But, within the last week or so, they have literally gone belly up. It looks like their server farm died, there is no IT working on it, and the work tickets and help topics are going ignored and unanswered.

Needless to say, I will not be hosting the game on my old site because my old site looks like it will not ever be recovered.

But I digress. if I get enough players, I'll be down at the bottom of the page with the Mass Effect game.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Mon May 17, 2010 9:36 am

Do you have a template for a character profile, or the usual?

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon May 17, 2010 10:36 am

Okay, I am going to proceed with the selection process and have you begin making characters. We are not 100% greenlit but with BEAR asking for a sheet, I am gonna count this as three players. Hopefully, we'll get a fourth.

The available character concepts are below. This is not first come / first serve. We will discuss the concepts and determine which Jedi you fit, if you wish to be a Jedi.

Jedi Master (1)
Jedi Padawan (1 or 2)
Jedi Knight (1 or 2)
Soldier (1 or 2)
Echani Warrior (1 or 2)

Additional types can be discussed via PM.

The character sheet is below.

Player:

Name:
Homeworld:
Eye Color:
Height:
Weight:

Species Characteristics:

Brief Physical Description:

Attitude:

Affiliation: Jedi or Republic

Personal Connections:
  • Best Friend:
  • Worst Enemy:
  • Family:
    • Father:
    • Mother:
    • Siblings:
Emotional Resonances:
  • Turn Ons:
  • Turn Offs:
  • Worst Secret:

Background:
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 pm

WIP!

--------------------

Player: BEAR

Name: Jaiden Firfin
Species: Human
Homeworld: Unknown – Shipwrecked on Eralis IV
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5'7”
Weight: 125lbs

Species Characteristics: Nothing special, high adaptability.

Brief Physical Description: Short, and compact, Jaiden is a reasonably mid-height male with a compact, muscular frame with very little body fat. His skin is tanned and scratched form constant hunting in thorns and brush, his hands are calloused and his hair is shabbily cut and braided in placed with stones and bone laced into it.

His dresses in more comfortable clothing, shunning traditional robes and loose clothing for closer fitting, more protective coating on his skin. Although this can be either leather skins or natural hide, he is more than capable of sucking up his comfort zone should his Jedi Masters require it.

Jaiden carries with him a spear. Having only recently been found, he still uses his force-enhanced spear as a weapon, seeing as it can be used to defend against light sabers and the like. Although he is training to use a twin-bladed light saber with his spear, he has not had the opportunity to have one made yet.

Attitude: Jaiden is a good person. In his heart, the force guides him through right and wrong. His days of being left with just his mother and a couple of survivor families gave him a great insight as to be bound as a unit, fighting against unknown dangers in a world too big. His force powers have always been used to defend or survive and never has he struck out in anger. Although he may be technologically simple in comparison to most Padawan's, he is an expert in survival and evasion.

Affiliation: Jedi

Personal Connections:
  • Best Friend: Abeetu, a Rodian shipmate of around the same age. His parents did not survive the crash and although he is not gifted in the force, he got some placement with a house near the academy at Jaiden's family's request.
  • Worst Enemy: No-one yet. He has not been in the academy long enough, and after the shipwreck, most of the people he knows were too reliant on each other to survive.
  • Family:
    • Father: Gerin Firfin.
    • Mother: Iludi Firfin.
    • Siblings: None.
Emotional Resonances:
  • Turn Ons: Strong women, deep women, smooth skin and curves.
  • Turn Offs: Weak women, unreliable and downright manipulative women. Liars and the lazy.
  • Worst Secret: There was no time for secrets. Although he tries to hide the fact that he came from a savage planet, he does not regret what he has had to do to survive.

Background:

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Power Member

Postby Nekopawed » Mon May 17, 2010 9:57 pm

_
Player: Nekopawed

Name: Malachai Torwyn
Species: Human
Homeworld: Froswythe
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 112 lbs

Species Characteristics: ???

Thin and lanky Malachai was an active youth. Playing in fields and chasing after the livestock, there wasn't a time that his parents could remember in which the youngster would sit still. Malachai has a straight nose with ears a tad larger than expected for his head. A three inch scar runs the middle of his left forearm from a fall encountered during a ride on a Bantha with his brother. Malachai wears loose fitting clothes consisting of a pair of loose brown pants and a beige drawstring shirt.

Attitude: Cheerful would be the best descriptor for Malachai. A smile can quickly be found on the faces of those around him. Playful, sometimes to a degree that can cause unintentional problems. Though not something to be feared, Malachai has a deep aversion to bodies water.

Affiliation: Jedi

Personal Connections:

* Best Friend: Yiukie Foss-A girl two years his senior. She can best be described as Malchai's polar opposite in disposition. She is stoic and a bit of a homebody. Their constant squabbles might not seem friendly to someone outside of their circle, but it is a strong relationship to say the least.
* Worst Enemy: Livestock Rustlers as they have no care for the lives they affect by taking that which is not their own.
* Family:
o Father: Gavi Torwyn
o Mother: Keilah Torwyn
o Siblings: Josef Torywn 23-6 Years between him and Malachai. Josef is more responsible than Malachai and helps his father to manage their land.

Emotional Resonances:

* Turn Ons: Open Fields/Haylofts, Friendly Conversation/Play
* Turn Offs: Bodies of water, Malevolence
* Worst Secret: Once Malachai took a trinket from a friend whose family was moving without telling him. It was to help Malachai not forget the boy, but now it is just a small pang of regret for taking something that wasn't his.

Background:

Born to a family of herders, Malachai enjoyed a semi mobile life. His family moved to better pastures as the seasons changed, but always took the same route back to their home. This existence allowed for a permanent friendship with Yiukie. Yiukie was a girl that couldn't stand the concept of roaming around far from her studies and home. Malachai's brother Josef was a bit jealous of her in that regards actually. He was an intellectual and believed that he could have done much more than managing the herd of his father. But, responsibility and love runs deep in the Torwyn clan. Josef minds his best to balance his own education and the responsibility of looking over his little brother.

Malachai was and still is close to his brother. He was the one that taught him how to ride a Bantha and how to hit on girls. Though both of those endeavors had their own trials, such as the time that Malachai fell off of a Bantha nearly breaking his left arm in the fall. The attempt at the other lessons...well, a broken arm would be easier to deal with than nomadic fathers.

Social and communicative with other Herding families and the families in the non-nomadic towns, Malachai proved capable of getting quite a bit of fair trade since a young age. His family just thought that he had the gift of gab, but perhaps it was the force that aided him in those early times. People trusted him and he made them feel at ease with his smile. Eventually this was taken notice of by a traveller. His family was informed of his gifts and their origins. It wasn't hard to persuade them too much, as stories of old relatives long since gone having the power was known but not quite readily believed.

Malachai's gift was nurtured in training, though the first few months were spent with a pang of longing for his home and family. But through a kind charasmatic nature, young Torwyn made new friends. While keeping in contact withh Yiukie and his Family through messages whenever possible, Malachai helped to keep his homesickness at bay.
Last edited by Nekopawed on Tue May 18, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:41 am

WIP

Player: MustangGT02

Name: Miliena Vashti
Species: Tagruta
Homeworld: Shili
Hair Color: none: Bone with Blue-ish accent stripes
Eye Color: Black
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 120 lbs.

Species Characteristics: Striped, curved horns rise from the top of a Togruta's head. A pair of darker-striped head tails (similar to Twi'lek lekku) frame an oval face set with penetrating black eyes and grayish lips. A Togruta's face features elaborate red and white patterns. Vertical red and white stripes adorn the Togruta's chest, back, arms and legs.

Brief Physical Description: Miliena, like most of her race, is reddish in color and her lekku are short by Togruta standards meaning she is still in her adolescent stage of development. All over her body she bears white markings which identify her within her tribe. These markings extend up and onto her face around her eyes and then there are her horns. Still not showing too much in the way of growth and this too is another sign of her age. As a Jedi, Miliena dresses in the traditional robes when inside the Temple or on official business, but prefers to dress in her people’s traditional manner of animal leather and hide wrappings but settles for her head dress of Akul teeth from her younger days.

Attitude: Miliena is social, forthright, perceptive and attentive. She has had her troubles adapting to the life dedicated to the force but with the assistance of those in the temple, has come to grips and has moved forward. She is quick to learn and knows her place.

Affiliation: Jedi (Knight)

Personal Connections:
  • Best Friend: Videl (Twi’lek dancing girl from her childhood)
  • Worst Enemy: Dark Side of the Force
  • Family: Tribe was Communal (No differentiation) / Jedi Master Pogo Larkata (Twi'lek Jedi Master)
Emotional Resonances:
  • Turn Ons: Open environments away from the larger cities, Fresh air, Thrill of the Hunt
  • Turn Offs: being in large cities, politicians
  • Worst Secret:

Background: Miliena Vashti is a Togruta female born on the planet Shili in the outer edges of the Outer Rim of planets. She was outcasted from her tribe due to her strange abilities which she later learned was the Force. Early in her life, she was picked up by a human trader who had visited her planet in search of new skin to sell. She was exotic and alone, so that made her easy prey. Miliena was thrown in with a Twi’lek named Videl and through her, learned basic.

A few years into her travels, the slaver decided to sell Videl and that was the last time she would ever see her Twi’lek friend ever again. It was then her turn to walk onto the trading block. Fate was a fickle thing but it was at this moment her life turned around. A Jedi happened to be nearby and sensed her in the Force and came to her rescue. He told her, once she was free and clear from the trader that she was strong in the force and that was what lead him to her. If she wanted to learn to harness that ability, he would take her to Coruscant to the Jedi Temple. He also told her once she was there, that it was up to her to excel. A message she would take to heart and keep in her mind at all times.

Now, after her time as a youngling, and her time as a Padawan, Miliena was finally knighted and her ability to use the force had increased. She was going to miss the time she spent with her former Master Pogo Larkata as she ventured out into the galaxy representing the Council as a Jedi Knight. Where would the Force lead her next.....
Last edited by MustangGT02 on Wed May 19, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue May 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Wayne I loved the SW games and I'm glad you've brought this back. I hope you have room for me as well.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue May 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Of course I have room. :D Welcome aboard. Post up your character concept here.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue May 18, 2010 5:11 pm

I was just thinking how awesome it would be to have Sabre on board. Brings back memories of Xero getting him into so much trouble.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue May 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Yes Sparky, good times...

I don't want to play a Padawn again but rather a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master.

Maybe a older version of Jaredd as the basics of that character sheet still exist.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue May 18, 2010 7:28 pm

This game takes place several generations after the last game. Its all new characters for this one. You are clear to make a Jedi Knight.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Power Member

Postby Nekopawed » Tue May 18, 2010 7:33 pm

*Made some additions to my character sheet. 9:32pm est 5/18/2010

Should I worry about the character concept part yet?
Cobalt wrote:
The available character concepts are below. This is not first come / first serve. We will discuss the concepts and determine which Jedi you fit, if you wish to be a Jedi.

Jedi Master (1)
Jedi Padawan (1 or 2)
Jedi Knight (1 or 2)
Soldier (1 or 2)
Echani Warrior (1 or 2)

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue May 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Character Finished and Reposted!

Player: Sparky!
Name: Nymbis A'Dan
Species: Echani
Homeworld: Eshan
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Silver
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 127 lbs.

Species Characteristics:
Nymbis is a tall, well-muscled, fair-skinned woman, with pure-white hair and silver eyes that are prevalent among the Echani race.
Attitude:
Nymbis is an ambitious youth who seeks complete perfection of her skills and works tirelessly to achieve that goal.
Affiliation: Jedi(Siuann San Shay) and her family(the A'Dans)
Personal Connections:
  • Best Friend: Turana Ves, another Echani that she grew up training with.
  • Worst Enemy: Nymbis has many enemies, but none other than sith that she can truly call her worst.
  • Family:
    • Father: Eidlance A'Dan(Echani), a Grey Jedi turned Senator.
    • Mother: Natasha Ignis, an Ex-Jedi turned household wife and stay-at-home mother.
    • Siblings: 1 Elder Brother Roane and 3 Younger sisters(Xaven, Kim, and Felicia
Emotional Resonances:
  • Turn Ons: Diplomacy. Nymbis takes kindly to those who show they can solve situations without resorting to more, blunt methods.
  • Turn Offs: Wonton Slaughter
  • Worst Secret: Nymbis keeps no secrets. All her feelings and thoughts are shown in her movements and stances while sparring or in combat.

Background:
Nymbis A'Dan was born the daughter of a highly force-sensitive family, but was never inducted into the Jedi order. Her father, Eidlance A'Dan was a Jedi at one point in his life, but chose to follow the path of a gray jedi. Eidlance disagree'd with some of the teachings of the Jedi, and he would never permit his eldest daughter to take those lessons. Instead, Nymbis was taught the way of her fathers people, her people, The Echani.

Nymbis was raised as one of her people, a warrior by culture. She was taught the ways of the echani martials arts. Actions would speak louder than words, and a single punch would tell another echani more about you than an hour of talking could. The art of Echani Fighting was no small feat to master though, but the corellian blood in her drove her harder to be the best than the echani culture would have ever pushed her.

When she had finally learned all she could learn, her father gave her his own Echani Ritual Brand, a double-bladed virbo-sword made of the finest quality. This marked the beginning of her adulthood in her eyes, and she became one of her fathers personal guards on his senatorial trips out of the Eshan system.

Subject To GM APPROVAL
On one of these fateful trips, their ship, the Rainmaker, came under attack by a sith vessel and was badly damaged. They crash landed on a nearby moon, but it was only moments before the Sith were already at their crash site. They were boarded by the sith and a struggle for life ensued. The sith numbered far greater than she had expected, and Nymbis, Eidlance and 3 other Echani Warriors could barely hold their own.

As fate would have it, A Jedi was in the area of the galaxy and recieved their SOS signal. She arrived just in time to find Nymbis and her father the only survivors left against more than three times their number. The arrival of the Jedi was a godsend for the two Echani as she tore the sith troopers apart.

Surviving the ideal intact and alive, Nymbis' father chose to part path's with his senatorial duties and take up his lightsaber once more, if not only for the safety of his family. This drove Nymbis to pledge her service to the Jedi that had saved their lives.

Since that day, Nymbis has been at Siuann San Shay's side, watching her back and engaging sith on all fronts anywhere in the galaxy that they could find. To reflect this change in her life, she has died her hair black to hide her obvious Echani heritage from potential threats.

Recently, the two encountered a young Force Adept and Siuann took him on as her padawan. Weeks later after they had returned to Coruscant, Siuann had acquired a second padawan.
Last edited by Sparky on Wed May 19, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Next

Return to Member Updates