Araruin - Status

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Araruin - Status

Postby araruin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm really getting tired of being a problem for my GMS and players. My regularly scheduled games have gotten screwed up lately, causing me to have to run three weekends in a row. I'm swamped with prepwork for multiple games. Add to that Laurie's baby shower and a trip to the inlaws this Saturday and my anniversary next Saturday, and I am very pressed for time. I will do my best to squeeze in some posting if I can get clear at work for a bit.
Last edited by araruin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:37 pm

Don't worry about it, Nick. Real life has to come first. If you need some time, let me know and I can GM NPC your character along in the Dragon Age Origins game. And I won't mind if you need to take a temp hiatus from GMing Illuminos.

I'd rather have you at your best than stressed to make a post.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Aye :)

I have to second that!
"The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read" ~ Terry Pratchett

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Make that a third. No worries Mate.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:38 am

No problem Nick, we'll be here when you are ready.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 am

Called in yesterday because I'm so worn out. Give me two days to get my feet back under me and I should be good to go again.

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Relax first, including stuff here or you'll end up with more then one day!

Game Master

Postby araruin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:14 pm

Apologies to all. I received a beta invitation for Lord of the Rings Online. It kind of sucked up my entire weekend. They are going free to play, and trying to iron out some of the changes. I'm looking forward to the new release. It seems like a solid game, though it took a bit of getting used to their controls.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:35 pm

I got the blue screen of death on my computer today. Rebooted and started with a blue screen. Now it just keeps booting black screen. Not sure how long it will take to recover. Will try to post from work if possible.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:58 am

Been getting hammered with real life issues lately. Sorry for delays on GM posting. It's harder to get blocks of time to make GM posts right now. I'm going to attempt to post tomorrow during the day, assuming Victor will let me.

1. Victor is a bitch. This kid is driving me nuts. He wants to be held all of the time, and if I don't pay attention to him as soon as I come home, he starts screaming. He won't even let me use the bathroom in peace.

2. Laurie's car has been in the shop 4 times in the past month. Cost me over $2K in repairs. Had to take a pay advance at work to cover it. Bad times.

3. Roof started leaking about a month ago. Got the leaking section patched, but the whole roof seem brittle. Of course, when we got a big enough rain to notice it was leaking, we're 3 months outside our warranty. Working on trying to get something from the manufacturer warranty. They need a section of shingles to exam, and of course the roofer threw out the ones he pulled up even though he knew I needed them. Then he wanted to charge me again to pull up more shingles. I finally got a guy I knew to do it as a favor. Let's hope the manufacturer will cover it.

4. Laurie had trouble getting enrolled for her field experience for school, so we have to cram it all into 3 weeks. I have to take off work to stay home with the kids while she does it. Luckily I worked it out so I'm only missing one day each week.

5. Working 4 days a week and a Sales Tax audit gives me just about no time for computer at work. At least not for another month or so.

Things are rough right now, but they should get better by the new year. I'm going to do my best to get my games back on track.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Don't worry about us, Nick. Take care of yourself.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes, make sure to take the time you need! The MRC and your games will still be here when you have some time.

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Just like they said!

You and your family comes first, so you take good care of them (and yourself too ;p)
"The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read" ~ Terry Pratchett

Game Master

Postby araruin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:27 pm

6. My grandmother died last night after watching survivor. My uncle said she got voted off the planet, and my brother said its about time. There is something seriously wrong with my family. I may be heading up to the memorial this weekend. Not sure if I trust the car to make it.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 pm

You have my deepest condolences, my friend.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:12 am

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother, Araruin.
1782. I will remember we're playing 4th edition and stop using my imagination.
-from the 1800 things Mr. Welch can no longer do in an RPG

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My family will keep you and your s in our prayers.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I'm sorry to hear that boss.

Group Leader

Postby inix88 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:48 pm

That is terrible. My condolences for your loss.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Interesting fun fact. My aunt Amy died the year TJ was born on my Uncle Tom's 50th birthday. My grandmother died the year Victor was born right after what would have been Amy's 50th birthday. Good thing I can't have any more kids and all of my aunts and uncles are past 50 now.

Postby Kosh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Sorry to hear about this bud. Hope you are well.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 am

I will be mostly unavailable the rest of this week.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:08 am

Just dropping in to say hi. I miss you guys from time to time, but I must say its nice not having two full time jobs now. With the extra time, I've been able to have fun with the wife and family. Laurie and I are now on the third season of Chuck. Great show. We also play Champions Online together once a week and I got a second XBox so we could play together.

As for the kids, TJ is still one of the smartest people I know, and his sentence structure is really becoming impressive. Victor just had his first birthday and started walking the week before that. He's very mobile and constantly getting on the XBox. He pushes the button to turn the machine on and uses the controller to work his way through the menus. He's pretty smart and not currently showing signs of Autism, so we're very hopefully for him.

That's all for now. If anyone ever wants to hook up to play XBox or Champions, send me an email or a PM on Facebook. I usually check them every day or two.

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 am

Hey man, thanks for the update :)

Glad to hear things are looking a little brighter, and you are missed sir. As soon as the Xbox comes back to me I will be more than happy to get in on some games.

WarBelly is the tag :)

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:54 pm

All very great things, Nick. It's good to hear from you.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Return to Member Updates