Dragon Age: Origins RP Game

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Dragon Age: Origins RP Game

Postby Cobalt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:13 pm

This post is to gauge interest in a Dragon Age: Origins RPG.

Setting: Fereldan (nation based off of medieval England, circa 1200 + elves, dwarves, and monsters).
Players: 3 – 6
Character Types: Fighters, Mages, or Rogues
Races: Elves*, Humans, Dwarves**
Specializations: Templar (Warrior), Bard (Rogue), Spirit Healer (Mage). Note – Further specializations will be unlocked during the game
Class Breakdown: Starting group will consist of 1 Fighter, 1 Mage, and 1 Rogue. Spots that are not filled will be GM controlled.

Players
BEAR
Mustang
Sabre

Potential Players
Araruin

Characters
Elven Mage (BEAR)
Dalish Elven Rogue (Mustang)

*Elves come from two backgrounds: City Elf or Dalish Elf. The City Elf lives in a ghetto-type area, called an Alienage, in a human city. They are second class citizens, used as servants and cheap labor. Dalish Elves are nomads that live in harmony with their surroundings, despise humans, and pity their city-bred kin. The most common insult against an Elf is “Knife Ears”, as in: You knife-eared wench!

**Dwarves are divided into three backgrounds: Noble, Common, or Casteless. Common Dwarves that live on the surface lose their “stone sense” and are not permitted back into Orzammar (the Dwarven Kingdom). Casteless Dwarves are invisible to their kin, the dregs of society. There are few ways for a Casteless to advance and be accepted into a Caste.

An Elven Mage
Last edited by Cobalt on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Elven mage! If the Circle is out of bounds, then I am happy with an Alienage!

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Cool.

Human Fighter, Templar if possible.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:56 pm

Im down with a Dalish Elf Rogue Archer/Dual Wielder
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby araruin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Are you going to the using the Dragon Ages RPG book or some other rules?

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Is the option for a elven fighter available?

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Araruin - I have the books on PDF file but I may use a streamlined combat system, something more cinematic so I don't bog down the game. The books will be used for character creation.

Sabre- Yes, you can be an Elven fighter but you won't be able to start as a Templar if you are an elf. Templar's are human only.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Please fill out the following information and provide an avatar.

Name:
Race:
Origin:
Hair Color:
Eye Color:

Brief Physical Description:

Attitude:

Background:
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Fai'al Aeothyin
Mightier than the Sword

Name: Fai'al Aeothyin
Race: Elf
Origin: Circle Magi
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Brief Physical Description: Fai is what some would consider to be thin even for an elf. His birth-tattoos are long faded and his eyes are dark from many long nights of study under the rigorous and brutal training regime of the Magi circle. Although he seems to lack the physical constitution of a warrior or a rogue, his command over magic is well developed, as seen in his eyes.

Dressed mainly in circle robes, Fai does not really feel the need to dress in a way that deviates from the norm. Usually found with his head in a book, a staff in his hand and his feet on the ground, Fai is the pinnacle of all that is study over vast physical training.

Attitude: Being raised in a mixed community, Fai is a little more accustomed to humans and their ways. He feels that his penchant for magic sets him above his fellows even and does not stand for the term ‘knife-ears’ nor does he endure the questioning of his peers in his ability. Although some knowledge of how elves are treated outside of the circle has reached him, he does not know the real story of how they are enslaved, nor how much it would anger him.

Background: Born to the Dalish outside of city limits, his tribe was light on supplies and in the night, Fai was dropped for the guards to find. Although he does not know why his parents would abandon him, he has come to terms with being adopted into an Alienage. His memories of such a time are fond and warm, but before he could really understand the horror of the alienages, he manifested signs of magic use and was carted to the circle.

Although he was resistant at first, Fai simply bended with the new life thrust upon him, as if it was simply out of his control. Not being much of a believer in fate, Fai felt that his destiny needed to be created by him alone, and has since developed a resistance and mistrust of the preachers of the Maker.

Recently passing the Harrowing, Fai is ready to start his new life as a full mage, ready for the world ahead of him.

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:37 pm

Raven
Forest Guardian

Name: Raven
Race: Elf
Origin: Dalish (Brecillian Forest)
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Brown

Brief Physical Description: Raven is of average height and build for a Dalish and has deep earthen colored eyes. Her auburn hair is shoulder length and braided to keep it from interfering with her vision on the hunt. Her tattoos are vivid and are a sign of her dedication to her people.

Raven wears the Dalish style leather armor suit and is often found sitting in the branches of the trees of the Brecillian Forest for which she lives.

Attitude: Raven is even tempered to those of her village. She despises humans that enter the forest and feels pity for those of her kin that dwell in the various cities as slaves to the people there. Raven is a hunter and respects all things of nature. Raven dreams of the day all of her people can live free under the sun.

Background: Raven was born to a roaming Dalish village and grew up on the move. She loved her mother and her village all looked on her as a parent would. At an early age, Raven was taught how to hunt and to survive. This meant learning to live as one with nature. This lesson she would keep close to her heart as she progressed. Her training with dual daggers make her a formidable fighter in close quarters combat but her true strength lies in her long range skills with an elven bow.

Seen is an example of Dalish Leather armor
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Return to Member Updates