Phantomj's status

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.

Phantomj's status

Postby Phantomj » Wed May 06, 2009 12:17 pm

I know all of you at one point have tried to find work after a job has been down sized or just plain let go and have come up short the hunt for the next one. Well I'm in that boat and my student loan has kicked back live. I'm taking a small hiatus until I can get a job. I just hope it's before my due date of payment or otherwise I pray I can get it re deferred oh joy more interest.

Until then peace out M.R.C..
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed May 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Good luck, J. Your WC Character is safely under GM Aegis™ until you are able to come back.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Phantomj » Thu May 21, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi all in happy M.R.C. land I'm still kicking :lol: still nothing in the job hunt and it's driving me nuts. I'd just thought I'd hop back in here and give a heads up I hope something comes up soon or a good lead turns up. Until then I miss you all and don't worry I'll be back with a vengeance.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Sat May 23, 2009 2:43 pm

You know PJ, I've just been EXACTLY where you are right now and I know it sucks. You just have to hang in there and keep at it. Yeah I know that sounds like blowing useless sunshine at you but its the truth. Things WILL improve.

See you around when they do PJ.

Never forget that you a bit of a fixture around the MRC so you return will be a welcome event.

Postby Phantomj » Mon May 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Thanks Sabre for those words and you, Cobalt and a few others are the same fixtures. Anyhow back to the hunt WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! :lol: War Hammer 40k flash back.

:D

Postby Phantomj » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Hey all in M.R.C. land the job hunt continues, but what sucks is when life throws you a curve ball. On Mon I had a fun time in the E.R. not, I ended up getting skin infection on my right leg due to some complication of being type 2 Diabetic. Well long story short I'm on two kinds of Antibiotics leg still hurts like mad, but the meds help.

So anyhow I hope to return, but that will determine if the job hunt pans out. Many leads no bites. Oh well back to the grind stone peace to all.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:29 am

Sorry to hear that, J. Hope you get well soon.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Phantomj » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Thanks Cobalt and I am. Just need to get through this and carry on.

Postby Kosh » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:03 am

Well we're still around and we're still holding the fort. When you get yourself sorted you know where we are.

Postby Phantomj » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:29 am

Hi all in M.R.C. land I'm still alive and kicking and frustrated as hell that there are many job leads I have followed and still nothing to show for it.

When life gives you lemons... :lol: I'm almost considering school again or I might just be filing bankruptcy for the fun loving medical bills that I cannot pay. Oh well life goes on and I just wanted to pop in say hi and wish you all well being and happy and great gaming.

I SHALL RETURN! I promise you that.

Postby Phantomj » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 am

Hi all in happy M.R.C. land Yes, I still live and have exciting news. I have a major job lead which has resulted in the company pushing me forward to an interview. I'm just waiting for the phone call for time and date to go in or have it over the phone.

What is the job you might ask? Well Microsoft has used this company Comsys for various contracts and they just got a video game testing contract for their Xbox 360 system. If I get hired I'm looking at a year of work at $11 an hour.

Wish me luck.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:55 am

Good luck, PJ.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Aye, best of luck!
"The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read" ~ Terry Pratchett

Postby Phantomj » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Thank you two I hope all goes well for me.

Postby Phantomj » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:57 pm

Big update on my job opportunity. I've got a phone interview on Friday at 3:40pm p.s.t. :o I now just got to keep myself calm and not psych myself out and shoot myself in the foot so to speak.

Anyhow I'll keep you all posted after it is over.

Postby Phantomj » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:56 pm

I feel the interview went well, will know with in the next few days if I will be hired or not. Hoping that it is we want you to start...

Still wish me luck.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:22 pm

Good luck, buddy
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Phantomj » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks Wayne.

Postby Phantomj » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:51 pm

WOOT! Exciting news peeps. Looks like I've impressed the gentleman over the phone enough to warrant a in person interview some time later this week.

Then if all still goes well I'll be looking at a start date April 15th'ish.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Congratulations and good luck!
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Kosh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Good luck with this one mate, I hope it all works out for you.

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:23 pm

*cheers*
"The relevant equation is: Knowledge = power = energy = matter = mass; a good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read" ~ Terry Pratchett

Postby Phantomj » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks again guys.

Postby Phantomj » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 pm

New potential job update. My in person interview will be scheduled for this Friday not sure what time yet, but it has been confirmed.

Still wish me luck. :D

Group Leader

Postby Liltroll » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:36 pm

I'll keep them fingers crossed then :)

Next

Return to Member Updates