Phantomj's status

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Good luck, J!
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Phantomj » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:50 pm

thanks all.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Postby Phantomj » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Job update, got back from my interview a little after 4pm PST. I feel my interview went well. It was short, sweet and fun. I'll hope to know by Monday or Tuesday if I have been hired.

Now I'm off to make my sacrifices to the gaming GODS and pray. :lol:
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:04 am

Good luck buddy. Any word back yet?
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Phantomj » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Not yet. I'm about to send off an e-mail to try to find out more info, but I want to give them a little more time so I don't come off as being desperate.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Everyone is desperate right now, so that's not as bad as it used to be.

Don't wait too long. I was always told to send an email after the interview thanking them for their time. The point is to remind them of your name and make yourself stand out. Otherwise, you get lost in the shuffle. Most employers I've dealt with are looking for someone to wow them. If it doesn't happen during the interview, you have to make it happen after the interview, or they will keep interviewing. Most of my successful interviews ended with me getting an offer during the interview. I have never gotten a job from an interview where I left without knowing.

Postby Phantomj » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:53 pm

Yeah I know what you mean and I was on the phone with the recruiter right after I was out of my interview. I'm sending off the message as we speak.

Postby Phantomj » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:55 pm

I did my best and wish I could say hey I have a job, but they decided to pass on me. The recruiter is trying to find out what the issue was for that deciding factor.

Yeah I'm a little bummed, but I'm positive that I'll find a job some where. So back to the grind stone for me. I'm still positive since it is a big contract and I hope they keep me in mind for a future game testing position.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:24 pm

Sorry to hear that, J.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Phantomj » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 am

Thanks Cobalt.

Postby Phantomj » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:04 am

Hi all in M.R.C. land I'm still alive and kicking as you've seen in a few posts that I've made here and there. I'm still chasing that job that has been eluding me and has kept me away from here and I miss you all, but hey I have at least some interesting news.

My younger sister got reengaged to her ex-hubby to our delight, they're working on things and plan to get remarried and then she hit us with the fact that she is pregnant with their first child.

So if all goes well I'll be an uncle for the first time and our parents will be grandparents. The world is indeed a very small place as you think about it, so please keep our family in prayer that everything will work out well.

Peace to you all my friends.

Postby Phantomj » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:55 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Postby Phantomj » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Hey phantomj how you going I'm doing fine and you phantomj :lol:

:P

Postby Phantomj » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:35 am

Hi all I'm alive, kicking, miss you all and an uncle to boot along with that I had to move over the fourth of July weekend. I'm still in the same city and still in Oregon and not that far from the high school I graduated from.

It's amazing what you can collect in a small house over 17+ years of living in the area. Anyhow thought just to stop in and say hi. I'll be back someday just you all wait.

Previous

Return to Member Updates