Transfering Servers Notice (Complete, now for the DNS)

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Webmaster (F)

Transfering Servers Notice (Complete, now for the DNS)

Postby Lanji » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Greetings everyone,

Sorry for the late notice, but macrossrpg.com, and all of its various other accounts, subdirectories, etc. will be transfered to a new server either this evening, Nov. 18, or Thursday evening Nov. 20.

This is due to downtime issues that plagued us in September and October.

There will be no actual changes, other then the fact that the database and all of the site content will move to the new server.

During the transfer process, you may notice that you receive a notice that the site has been "Suspended/Site Down" (with a nice message). During this delay, instructions on what IP address you can change your host file to to point to the new server will be displayed.

Also, the DNS entries for the site will be updated as quickly as the backup, transfer and update complete.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at lanji at macrossrpg dot com, or PM me here.

If your interested in a live Twitter Status of what is going on, you can subscribe to or view: http://twitter.com/lanji/

This site will also be available on the "Suspended/Site Down" page.

Please note, I use twitter for real life business purposes as well, so if you scare off any of my fellow employee's don't expect your character to live, or your account to function after the transfer..... (Mah, ha, ha, ha, ha....)

----

Edit: Changing to the 20th for now. Going to see how tired I am that night. -Chris

Edit 2: Transfer to the new server is complete! Now we're just waiting for DNS to update across the Internet to the new location!

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:42 am

Sorry for the Sessions Error again today!

Turns out that the user account that I use to clear the sessions is actually a local account that I forgot to make.

The script has been further tested and works great now. We're clearing guest sessions every 7 minutes again.

-Lanji

Return to Member Updates