Death in the Family

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Death in the Family

Postby Cobalt » Sat May 31, 2008 10:42 am

My father in law passed away yesterday.

He was not a perfect man but he was a good man. In his life, he accomplished everything he ever set out to do. He got into the army at a time when civil rights was just a dream and was one of the first black men to graduate from the LAPD Academy.

For his faults and flaws, I admired and loved him.

As my family comes to terms with this loss, I ask you all for your patience and understanding. Your condolences are greatly appreciated.

Wayne
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Sat May 31, 2008 10:46 am

Wayne and especially Vonni, My family and I mourn with you for you loss. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Sat May 31, 2008 11:56 am

My Condolences go out to you and Vonni... If yall need anything let me know

I've got yall's backs

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Sat May 31, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss, both of you.

Wayne, Vonni; You are in my prayers and I hope peace comes to you swiftly.

Psalm 30 Always seems to comfort me at times like this. I hope it can do the same for you both.

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his faithful ones, and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment; his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

God bless you both.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Sat May 31, 2008 2:06 pm

Wayne and Vonni, my heart weeps for your loss. You guys are in my family's prayers.

Chris and Terri
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:53 am

Thank you so much for your thoughts and your prayers and your messages. This is a very difficult time for us but knowing that you all are out there for us makes it a little easier to endure.

Thank you all so very much.

Wayne and Vonni

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:26 am

I'm sorry for your loss, Vonni and Wayne. I wish I could think of something better to say.

Postby Phantomj » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:56 am

I just saw this and indeed Condolences to you both.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Wing Leader

Postby Azazel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:23 am

Okay, I think I should've seen this thread sooner.

Vonni and Wayne - My thoughts and condolences go to you in this time of sorrow. Wish there was something else I could do that wasn't just saying that, but if you two happen to get lost or somehow end up traveling a few thousand miles by accident, my door's always open for you. Except for those times when I'm away and have the keys to it with me, of course. :D

Hoping you find my rather.. hmm.. dumb attempt at a joke light-hearted and not rude or anything, I really hope that the grief for your loved one is short-lived.

Your friend,

- A.

Game Master

Postby Halo » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:39 am

Sorry to hear the sad news, Cobalt. Of course, take whatever time you need from the game and we'll see you after you family is taken care of.

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:36 am

Sorry to hear about your lost of an family member, Cobalt. My condolence goes to you and your family.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:30 am

Sorry for your loss Wayne and Vonni. If I prayed you would definitely be in them. But since I don't I'll tell my family to put you in theirs, and should either of you ever need to talk I'm here. You got my number just hit send.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Wayne and Vonni. I'm really sorry for the loss of your family member. My family and I will keep you both in our prayers. You both mean alot to me personally and when you hurt...I hurt too. We will mourn with you. I say this in behalf of the whole MRC. We love you both and we're with you til the end.

Michael Holland
Da'Vidtess Holland
Mia Holland
Don't hunt for death, for it finds us all soon enough.

Power Member

Postby Penthrose » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:33 am

Wayne and Vonnie,

I am truely sadden and sorry for your lost. I know full welll the pain and sorry that has come with the lost of a great love one. Hang in there and be strong for each other in this most difficult time. May GOD watch watch over you and comfort you, for you in our prayers and in our hearts.

Game Master

Postby Koenshaku » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:13 pm

My condolences to you and your family for your loss. Take the time you need to be with your family and find your footing; there's nothing here that can't wait on the infinitely more important matters of family.

Postby Kosh » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 pm

My condolences to you both during this time. Take your time and sort out whats important.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:27 am

I just wanted to take the time to thank you all for responding with such overwhelming support and love. This has been a difficult time and we are still healing but your messages have made this easier for us to endure and have given us the support we needed.

Thank you.

Wayne & Vonni

Return to Member Updates