SVMA-606 Death Knights

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Flight Leader

SVMA-606 Death Knights

Postby Sparky » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:43 pm

As some of you may know, and others now know. I have been cultivating a story from the UNSM Point of view, and I now have the go-ahead for the game.

This particular campaign will follow the story of the SVMA-606 'Death Knights.' A Marine Special Forces and Tactical Air Support unit for the UN on the planet of Cyprus IV(More about Cyprus IV in the next paragraph). The 'Death Knights' will be stationed at McKinzie Marine base located on the western island chain at the edge of the UN's territory on Cyprus. The actual base is located in a long-dead Volcano.

The SVMA-606 'Death Knights' will be using not only a top-secret Variable Fighter in their sorties, but will be in command of an arsenal of Jet Fighters, Power-Suits and Destroids.

Cyprus IV:
Cyprus IV itself is a small planet, roughly half the size of the earth. Only thirty percent of it is land, the rest submerged under the unnaturally crystal clear water of it's oceans. Cyprus is not a dominated planet, it contains quite equal portions of UN, PRP, and Eldarian presenses among it's vast landmasses. But this planet is not like the rest of the galaxy, there is peace here, a peace that has been unbroken since before the Rally Cry.

Just a month before the Rally Cry, the PRP presense on Cyprus IV launched an attack on both the UN and Eldarian territories alike. This caused a schism in the peace, but the two defenders banded together to overcome the dealy blitzkreig from the north. Just weeks after the initial outbreak, both UN and Eldarian forces had marched to the PRP's doorstep. In an effort to stave off further intrusions, the Pax Royal Protectorate made a mistake, they used nuclear weapons on their own soil, killing nearly 25% of the combined forces of UN and Eldarians. Soon after, the PRP surrendered and gave up to arms agreements. There was finally peace again.

To begin with, I am excepting 4-8 players in this 8-12 man squad of pilots. *All Characters must be Marine Variable Fighter Pilots. But people from all over the galaxy are welcomed into the Squadron. If your interested, either drop a note here or send me a PM, both is preferred so I know you are truly interested. When you apply, send me a breif character concept for your character, and a list of Squadrons you've played in before, please.

*To put a further note on this, I will NOT be using the Palladium Ruleset. Instead I will be using a basic free-play for all non-combat situations, and I will be using D20 Rules for all Combat situations. If/When you drop a note here, please add any experience you have with D20 Modern or D&D 3.0/3.5
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 am

Dude,

You KNOW I am in for this.

Let me know what kind of character you are looking for.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:07 pm

Characters will be accepted from most different branches of the Marine Corps. The only requirement is the ability and expertise to fly Variable Fighters. Before the first mission, the characters will actually be undergoing a training session for some new toys they get to use, so the proficiency in certain fighters or destroids is not required.

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:13 pm

I'm still interested but with a nother toon.
Don't hunt for death, for it finds us all soon enough.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:34 am

Cool thing Gen. But don't get too excited, If I don't get at least 4-5 players total for this, I'm not gonn even light the fuse.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:20 pm

I think you're almost there.

BEAR
Genjuro Vagetta
Me (you know I'll support you on this)

That's three. Give VGSC a PM too, he just PMd me about looking for a game to get into. That will bump you up to four if he says yes.

Postby Phantomj » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:40 pm

In the future if this grows Sparky I'll throw my hat in.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Sweet. Well, we have 4 players now. 5 If I get a yes from VGSC. That puts the game in my 'good to go' category as soon as I get Character proposals from each of the players. Keep in mind the your characters are NOT new to the armed forces, averae age for them would be from 22-26. Also I will tell you that the beginning of the game wil be the 'prologue' thread a full year before the actual game takes place. This will be for you all to 'get familiar' with each other and the mecha you will be using.

1.) BEAR
2.) Genuro Vagetta
3.) Cobalt
4.) MunstangGT02
5.) VGSC?

Note- If there are any questons at all, feel free to PM me or post them here if you feel that others might ask the same question. I check daily so I can get back to you usually within a few hours to a max of a day.

Postby Phantomj » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:24 pm

If you want an even six count me in.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Assistant Game Master

Postby vgsc » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:09 pm

Well It is official......VGSC is BACK!!!!!

To put it in a nicer way, Yes, I would like to be part of your squad....
heheheheheh
If It Can't Level A City It Isn't Worth Flying...

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:31 am

Looks like we are going to have 6 or 7 players actually... WOW, I didn't expect it. Anyway's, Phantomj. You are welcome aboard, but I wasn't counting Sabre on that list yet. so we are at 6 with him, it's your choice.

Here they are, in alphabetical order:
1- BEAR
2- Cobalt
3- Genjuro Vagetta
4- MustangGT02
5- Phantomj(Possibly)
6- Sabre
7- VGSC
8- OPEN

For those above, I would ask that you fill this small character sheet out and PM it to me with the title of 'Character Proposal:(Your Name here)' This helps me know to save the stuff. Thanks.
Player:

Name:
Call Sign:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Weight:
Height:

Occupation(Military): (Before being a pilot, such as Marksman or Demo Expert)

Rank: 2nd Lieutenant for everyone(unless a good backround is presented in explanation)

Interests:
-Turn Ons:
-Turns Offs:

Physical Description:

Personality Description:

Personal History:

Then, rate these six catagories from the most important, to least important for your character.

Strength - How strong your character is.
Dexterity - How nimble and quick your character is.
Constitution - How big of a hit you can take, or how many hits your can take.
Intelligence - How smart your character is.(Book Smart)
Wisdom - How well your character knows right from wrong, how good he is at telling truth from tale.
Charisma - How good looking your character is, and how much of a presense he has among others.

Return to Member Updates