Dungeons and Dragons

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Postby araruin » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:18 pm

The first game is filling up quickly.

Party1
Cobalt - Ivalician Knight
Coldfire - Psion(Kineticist)
Sabre - Paladin?
Sparky - Darken Wood Elf Scout

They could probably still use a healer and a trapmaster. Contact them if you are interested in filling out their party. As soon as the first party is complete, the first game will get started.

Group Leader

Postby ColdFire » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:08 pm

If the Paladin gets a wand we should be fine with the healer.

And Sparky's character has trapfinding and my kineticist has disable device, so between the two of us we have the trapmaster thing going on.

Though a dedicated healer would be appreciated.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:50 pm

I've had a minor disaster happen at work - basically, every single individual at Texas A&M needs to reset their University computing password, and guess who works in the helpdesk that controls that. But I'm still interested, and I'd wanted to go for the second party anyway.

Wing Leader

Postby Azazel » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:17 am

FYI, I'm still interested in playing.

Unfortunately enough, as I've posted a few times by now, I'm barely managing to keep on posting for the characters I have at the time with the workload we have at the time.

If you'd be kind enough (and your game allows for it) to take another character by mid/end March, I'd definitely love to join your D&D game.

- A.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:04 am

The first party hasn't even filled up yet, so there shouldn't be any problem with you making a character in mid-March.

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:57 pm

So, question. How rules crunchy are you going to be with this? D&D is fun and all, but I really suck at the mechanics of it, blame it on never playing D&D until d20, the whole idea of things like keeping track of distance and position from opponents and feats and such requires a pack of index cards when I play IRL to write down Things I Can Do And How It Works :7

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:29 pm

The nice thing about D&D is that it is a multi-tiered adventure game. The rules can be as simple or complex as you like. You could make a character that all you need to know is what kind of attacks you can make, or you can make one who is incredibly convoluted to take advantage of obscure rules combinations. The games I run are usually pretty simple. I call them middle school games. However, I also play in a game that I call college level. It is a regular occurance for characters to die. My knight usually takes around 500 hit points in damage per combat. However, we have some players from the D&D Masters program who keep us all going. I usually only spend a few seconds dead before I'm back at -1 HP. Combine that with my Die Hard feat, and I'm actually back up and fighting again. :)

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:38 pm

You know, that's almost as sick a combination as a 2nd level Knife-thrower with 5 attacks...Don't ask.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Well if the other players don't mind having to read stupid questions from me, I'll throw myself out there, but it will have to wait a few weeks while I figure out what I did with my D&D books while doing house stuff :7

Assistant Game Master

Postby Shadow Skull » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Araruin do you still have opening for new players?

If so I'm interested in playing a character in one of your games. I've been meaning to give D&D a try.

Plus, the members of the college's gaming club volunteered me to be a DM. So I figure actually playing the game will help me understand the rules better because I think I've reached the limit of what I can get from reading the handbooks. They still have loaned me a copy of the DM guide. :-?
Silence may be "Golden," but ducktape is Silver.

Can now be reached at my old e-mail and IM account

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:45 pm

Yes, sir, we still have three unclaimed slots for the first two parties, though I have written a third campaign arc, so it wouldn't be hard to expand if we got a third party together.

Let me know if you have any specific questions you need answered about the rules. I am RPGA licensed, and the test isn't easy, so I do have a little more than a passing knowledge of the rules.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Shadow Skull » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:52 pm

Awesome, I'll probably have some questions for you by tomorrow since the club will be finishing up character sheets. I'll have also finished reading the game module that we will be using by then.

Are you looking for any particular class of character right now?

Game Master

Postby araruin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:36 am

We currently have 4 fighting types, 2 woodland types, a cleric, and a psion. These characters will be distributed amongst two teams. In order to complete those teams, they should have another healer-type and another nuker-type. There also aren't any dungeon delver rogues, but they can probably get along without one in my games.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Shadow Skull » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:47 pm

I'll go with a nuker-type character. I'm already playing a character in the invid invasion that deals with healing.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue May 08, 2007 2:06 pm

Second wave recruiting

We're looking for another 4 players to join the D&D game to round out two parties. If anyone is interested, let me know. We need another healer-type, and the other 3 slots can be almost anything.

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Tue May 22, 2007 5:58 pm

:o

Hmm... Tempting.

Where are my D&D 3ED books?!

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Tue May 22, 2007 7:14 pm

holy crap, it's Flare!

Postby Flare » Thu May 24, 2007 11:59 am

Xuric wrote:holy crap, it's Flare!

Yes it is! 8)
This is the real Flare™

Assistant Game Master

Postby vgsc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:51 pm

I would love to join. Hell I would love to be the healer. haven't played in a whiler but think it would be fun. Can I join?
If It Can't Level A City It Isn't Worth Flying...

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:50 pm

The first two parties are pretty full, but we could probably squeeze one more in.

Assistant Game Master

Postby vgsc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:04 pm

YAY!!! thanks!

Let me know what you in and in what format and I will get it to you ASAP!
If It Can't Level A City It Isn't Worth Flying...

Previous

Return to Member Updates