TRInITy - Gauging interest for a new campaign

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Wing Leader

TRInITy - Gauging interest for a new campaign

Postby Kai » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:04 pm

What: VF force, though higher ratio of out of mecha roleplay than most campaigns
Who: Initial plan is for 5 characters, with a rolling integration for more as time and plot allows

Basics:
TRInITy - Threat Reponse Initiative and Internal Taskforce

Among the unrest in the galaxy, planets and companies often get caught in the crossfire of military skirmishes, political clashes, and underground movements. Often there is no recourse for the lives lost, property distroyed, and reputations tarnished.

The Deltair Directorate is a prominent planetary management corporation, specializing in managing colony worlds from their natural resources to representing them to the UN government. With the dual threats posed to the UN of the PRP and the Elldren Republic, Deltair finds itself in a precarious situation, with several of its contracts in high-risk zones between the major players. Violence has escalated, and even the UN has ignored calls for assitance, often treading too lightly for Deltair's tastes.

Facing the prospect of having to protect planetary presidents and UN representatives on their own, Deltair sent out its agents and called in its favors. A few have answered, but in the most discreet of ways, the invitation remains open for good pilots, regardless of their past, to give their loyalty to Deltair in exchange for new technology(there willl be some non-canon elements in the campaign), the chance to fly, a secured future in a multi-planetary corporation, and the protection of their fellow employees against any who come seeking them.

The campaign is open, if there's enough interest, to any VF pilots, ex UN, ex PRP, ex Zentran/Meltran rebels, ex ER. Pliots will be at least decently experienced, and the rules set will be extremely light and not Palladium based. The only thing I ask is no double agents. I don't care whether the pilot left on good terms, was court marshalled, abandoned, defected, or had a change of heart(or change of greed), but whatever the case they are willing to be loyal to Deltair only. This doesn't mean they can't have qualms about fighting any particular faction, only that they wouldn't turn traitor to Deltair without a really compelling reason(and letting the GM know ;) )

So, any interest out there or questions?

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:20 pm

Sounds interesting, would you be excepting Marines?
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Group Leader

Postby ColdFire » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:33 pm

I'm interested.

I only have one question, which is more of a curiosity than anything. What mecha will we be flying?

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:28 pm

Kai, I'm interested if you'd be willing to take me on as a player.

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:34 pm

Sparky - Ex Marine pilots are totally fine :)

ColdFire - Probably modified 11MAXLs or 16s, unsure yet, need to read stats a bit more

Sabre - Of course :)

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:42 pm

cool, I'll get a concept to you ASAP
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Ji'Tuan

Postby Blue Phoenix » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:47 pm

Sounds like a lovely concept. How are your feelings on those of us that are about new to this? The only group I've ever been in was the Cobras.

There is nothing like having a corp tell you what to do. Cut throats the lot of buisness men are.

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:20 am

New people are fine, like I said this will be rules light, non Palladium, so as long as you have a good feel for your character you'll do fine :)

Looks like there's definitely interest, so I'll work up a couple of posts detailing rules and major NPCs, etc.

Postby JamieMasker » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:38 am

count me in even though i'm still getting ready ^_^

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:31 pm

You're welcome to play Jamie, though the character Jamie Masker wouldn't really fit the game, and I'm not sure if this would be the best game to start with as its quite a bit different than the majority of the campaigns here in both tone and mechanics. Its your call though.

So those who have answered have first priority on slots:
Sparky
ColdFire
Sabre
Blue Phoenix
JamieMasker

Oh, and as I'm not clear exactly on the division between Tales from Deep Space and A Galaxy Ablaze, would someone a little more knowledgable than I tell me where this belongs? :)

Ji'Tuan

Postby Blue Phoenix » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:43 pm

Are we to make the character through the Joining board? Or will we be doing this through you personally? And could I make a concept, through it your way for review?

Thanks

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Blast! Too late. I guess if I snooze...I loose. We'll if ya need another player...I have a dorment player names Napolean Rockwell who was supposed to be an astogator for the Crusader thread that got dismissed. The player was already accepted as a LT but sadly never made it to the process of receiving roles for his stats.
Don't hunt for death, for it finds us all soon enough.

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:00 pm

Blue - Through me, don't want to confuse the JB staff, and go ahead and send me a concept if you want for review

Gen - Don't worry, they'll be more slots later, just been a while since I GMed Macross so starting small :)

Ji'Tuan

Postby Blue Phoenix » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:13 pm

Sweet, thanks. I'll try to think of something in a day or two. I don't want to rush it, if you know what I mean ^_^

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:53 pm

Sweet. Ok :P
Don't hunt for death, for it finds us all soon enough.

Game Master

Postby MasumiX » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:23 am

feel free to use the JB for character creation, or not ::)

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:25 pm

<Sticks his head in, puts his hand up>

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:07 am

O_O Its a Thorn! Man I might have a special project for you in regards to this, gimme a few to think about stuff :)

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:44 am

Is there room in it for one Yulian Dragosani, son of the quietly infamous Boris Dragosani?

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:35 am

I know I said 5, but for you I can go 6 as you're already familiar with a lot of what's involved, even if you don't know it yet :)

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:22 am

Uh... oh... does this have anything to do with painting a perfectly good VF-14 Mae West orange?

Seriously, just let me know what you need from me. I'm a tad rusty on character creation in general, since my drug of choice recently's been 40K.

Return to Member Updates