SVFA-2559 Tempest Wolves are Recruiting!

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

SVFA-2559 Tempest Wolves are Recruiting!

Postby Halo » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:25 pm

Hello everyone. For the first time since the squad’s inception nearly two years ago, the Tempest Wolves are seeking new members. Below are the particulars, and please feel free to PM or post any questions you have here (do not post anything to the Tempest Wolves forums).

* We are looking for at least one new player, but might accept two or three.

* Prospective players will not be asked to read the history of the game, but should be aware that the squad’s current status is grim -- our heroes have been shot down and are stranded on an enemy world (long story there). Therefore, this will not be your traditional Macross game (at least at start). Do not join this game if you’ve got your heart set on mecha combat. The only mecha these former pilots have are smoking heaps of slag.

* Possible characters include: 1) assuming control of NPC pilot 2nd Lt Gordol (aka “Brahma”), 2) a Spacy pilot from another squad who was also shot down during the previous battle, or 3) a Vensari citizen sympathetic to UN Forces (possibly a UN citizen who was on Vensari Prime when the war erupted . . . again, that’s a long story LOL). Other characters are possible, those are just the three that come instantly to mind.

* Players should be aware that being offered a slot in this game is not necessarily a slot in the squad.

* All new characters (and Brahma) will be 1st level with zero XP.

* Players will be expected to have read the House Rules forum, and be accepting to everything listed there.

* Interested parties should PM me a brief (say 2 or 3 paragraph) synopsis of the proposed character’s background by Sunday July 16th. DO NOT post any character details to this forum or the Joining Board . . . PM me instead!

* Last, before anyone takes the time to make a character, let me be open and inform you that I am not everyone’s “cup of tea” as a GM. If hardcore “reality” is what you look for in your role-playing experience, then I am simply not your guy. My games lean towards the cinematic with little care for how thing happen in the real world, so if you’re a stickler for details, physics, etc then think hard before applying to a heavily anime and "Michael Bay" influenced game.

Thanks for reading all that annoying nonsense above, and feel free to PM or post any questions!

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:24 pm

Say that we were accepted as a player, what would the timeframe be like for character creation? I Might be leaving on vacation here next week.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby Halo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:06 am

A complete background would be needed within the next two weeks (maybe a little longer). Stats and such won't be needed immediately, but we will need background info to get the ball rolling.

Game Master

Postby Halo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:10 am

Registration for this game is now closed. Many thanks to everyone who PMed their character concepts -- those who did will be contacted privately to discuss future plans.

Thanks!

:)

Return to Member Updates