SFVA-88 Cobra Squadron is recruiting

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

SFVA-88 Cobra Squadron is recruiting

Postby Sabre » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:14 pm

http://www.macrossrpg.com/comms/viewforum.php?f=9

I have an opening for 3 players. Interested parties please reply here and or drop me a private message.

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:38 am

Sabre,

I would like to join, I would need to roll up another character. I can submit a draft of charactrer background for approval, if chosen.

Thanks
"Out of the Darkness Light WILL SHINE!!"

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:01 pm

Nefaris, that would be fine by me. You had also indicated that you were interested in the Black Widows. Still interested?

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:44 am

Sabre,

I have no preference, just where do need the pilots? Unless you want me to do the two?

Thanks for the consideration

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 pm

I'm going to suggest you start with the Cobras, the same applies to Sparky who may or may not read this note as he had in the past expressed interest in the Black Widows. I'm accepting players for both squads now but as the Widows game (all of the SSS units are tough) are advanced, I don't leave a lot of room for player error so even tiny mistakes can be fatal, and not just to you but you can get other players killed as well.

I usually suggest my SSS games be populated by Veteran players for just that reason. Nefaris and Sparkey are kind of new and I'd hate for you to roll up characters, only to have them killed in a few days time.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:08 pm

I'm impressed Sabre, you knew i was reading this...Actually, my interest in the Widows has fallen quite a bit. I'd rather only have one character in each of the fleets, so I probably won't even apply for them again unless Zeik dies, and even then I will probably go for the Cobra's.

Thanks anyway.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:14 pm

OK, cool.

For the record, I'm not opposed to taking rookie players for the Widows, I just want to make it clear that rookie players have a steeper learning curve. Last time, with the Black Omens (SSS-971) I lost a new player who didn't read the posts properly and that player had his character hop out of his VF and strip off his helmet in the landing bay.

The only problem was the landing bay wad depressurized which resulted in a painful, grisly and immediate death of that character. Veteran player who have worked with or played in a campaign with me before recognize the value of reading each message that I post and being CAREFUL.

My concern is simply that I don't want to discourage a new player who character suffers a dumb-ass death. That can be frustrating, to say nothing of the whinning PM's that I can get afterward.

Suffice it to say, that if you want to play an advanced game, you're welcome to get it a try. The difference being in the Cobra, using the same scenario mentioned above, I would PM the player with a warning. In my advanced games, little or no warning. The bench mark for performance is simply set to a higher standard.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Yah, I agree....but then again, I could find a lot of people that could vouch for me. But I see your concern.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:23 pm

Well, give it a try then. I need more players in the Widows that I do in the cobras but ultimately this is going to be your call.

~Nicholas

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:26 pm

Sabre I appreciate your concern, I will be straight with you. I do have extensive RPG experieince. I will admit though I was abit rusty, at first, but finding my feet again is getting better.

I will start with the Cobras, if you need me there. Since I am with the Angels as well this will you show my diversity and uniqueness in playing.

I thank you for this opportunity, also if you require to test me at anytime please feel free.

I have another character background in draft and will submit for your review. She is really great but I need some character rolls, do you give me those? As I get a good feel for a character background and psychological profile. Thanks again for the opportunity to be in your squad

-Benjamin Franklin

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:36 pm

Thanks, I'll send those rolls to you by PM

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:35 pm

are you accepting anything other than VF Pilots?

Ji'Tuan

Postby Blue Phoenix » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:21 pm

*cough*

Join cobras if you are new to the game.....very helpful.....and well, gave me a second chance to live. ^_^ So perfect for the 'not all there' club.

*cough*

Sorry, just passing throught.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Sparky wrote:are you accepting anything other than VF Pilots?

You had something else in mind?

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:29 am

well, i was thinking still a pilot just from a different branch...the Marine Variable Fighter Pilot maybe?

Marine Variable Fighter Pilot(2 Years MOS training)(Pre-requisites: PP9)

The UNSM maintains a few Marine Variable Fighter Squadrons, although nowhere near as many as the UNAF, UNSAF, and UN Navy. These Officers under go two years Fighter training after they complete their basic Officer training, they specialize in supporting Marine assaults and attacks. Train to be purely air superiority fighter, ground attack bomber and ground troop support.

sending concept now.

Return to Member Updates