MRCDocs (MediaWiki) Upgraded to 1.6.7, MAJOR CHANGES

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Webmaster (F)

MRCDocs (MediaWiki) Upgraded to 1.6.7, MAJOR CHANGES

Postby Lanji » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:23 pm

Greetings everyone,

Feeling rather well tonight, I found myself getting some long due upgrades done to some of the software at the MRC. This time I wanted to start with the Wiki due to the fact that its turned into a SPAM engine due to the lack of proper permissions being set at the last upgrade (yes, blame Lanji).

This time though, I wanted to do this right, so it took a little longer, and even though everything looks the same there has been a major change.

First things first, the database that MRCDocs ran off of has been moved in with the rest of the tables for the macross_phpbb database. This change allows us to take advantage of the biggest installed plugin I worked with tonight: Your MRCDocs/MediaWiki Username is now the same as your phpBB Username.

My apologies to those of you that have been using seperate usernames for a while now, and I'll be happy to change one or the other username to match manually, but from now on your only allowed to use one username across the MRC/OIMOLW system.

The second change as a result of this is that if you wish to participate in editing on the MRCDocs Project, you must join a special Usergroup here on the boards: MRCDocsTeam.

http://www.macrossrpg.com/comms/groupcp.php?g=813

This open group, currently moderated by MasumiX (picked at random, sorry MasumiX) is the only group that has technical properties required to edit on the Wiki. Araruin, Xuric and myself have the abilit in addition to MasumiX to approve members for this Usergroup, so feel free to use the automatic button, signup, and then we'll get you approved ASAP.

Sorry for all of these changes, and as always please reports problems/issues on the EITD board.

And here's a big thanks for Xuric and everyone else for putting up with the spam on the Wiki.
-Chris

Game Master

Postby MasumiX » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:59 am

:D its all cool, I can't tell you how a happy I am to see this change, the spam was seriously getting me down in a big way..

I'll do my best to be a responsible moderator in this venue.

and on that note, when and if you have a moment could you set the user masumiXXX to masumix? thanks it just helps me keep track of my watch pages etc etc... :)

Game Master

Postby MasumiX » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:41 pm

Those of you who requested have been added to the group, I also added Xuric, Araruin, and Halo.

Return to Member Updates