Looking for New Angels

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
Game Master

Looking for New Angels

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:56 pm

Due to losses within the ranks I need 5 more players fir the Angels

PM me or post here if you are interested... I seek Capable players to join the ranks

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:24 am

I would like to join but going through basic training at the moment hope a slot is still open when I graduate. :D :P :o

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:04 am

How long? before graduation?

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:23 pm

Not sure, I am in the Black Turnip Training Group. So I think it depends on Masumi X. But want to get into one of the existing sqaudrons

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:36 pm

Well keep me posted

Postby Phantomj » Mon May 01, 2006 10:12 pm

hey Cid if you still need bodies I've got a female pilot on the JB that was set to go to the CB, but still have not heard word back from VGSC. If you want I can revamp her for the Angels. I'm still working on her nackground and she still needs stats.

Power Member

Postby shiruikage » Wed May 03, 2006 12:52 pm

umm, angels need ppl? i'm hoping my character (shinchiro golbaku-black turnip squadron) could join.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Sat May 27, 2006 8:00 pm

Black turnips all the way! I'm in if you'll let me join the angels...I really like to keep playing with former team-mates.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Mon May 29, 2006 4:51 pm

We are done with training, so if you have any postings left, The Black Turnips are ready.

Thanks
"Out of the Darkness Light WILL SHINE!!"

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

Game Master

Postby MasumiX » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:56 am

up

Game Master

Postby MasumiX » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:59 am

up

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:35 am

Are we there yet? Just wondering if we are going to be Angels?

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

Assistant Game Master

Postby NightLance » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:19 am

I'll nudge Cid next time I see im.
The art of war is very simple, you find your enemy as fast as you can, strike them as hard as you can, and as often as you can.

---General Ulysses S. Grant

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:18 am

thanks Night Lance, appreciate that

-Benjamin Franklin

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:17 pm

Okay people read the contens of the link below carefully for your characters will need to be in order before we can move on... I welcome you all... And yes I want you guys for the angels, I just needed to find a way that you guys could get your characters complete before inviting you to my squadron

Believe me Besides fighters I also have one Command center and Early Warning Aircraft 1 old school VTOL transport that has been modernized and refitted for Space use as well as a VB-6 Believe me I would like some people to crew them

Here is the link and like I said read it's contents carefully for this should have everything you need to make your characters complete

http://www.macrossrpg.com/comms/viewtopic.php?t=5947

Power Member

Postby Nefaris » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:15 am

Cid,

Do you need me to adjust what I have? I have no problem helping crew the command centre or other. Been trained with the VF11, but my character is set up to fly spacecraft of all sorts as well. Thought it would come in handy. Did I give you a copy of my character yet?

-Benjamin Franklin

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:58 am

I am not certain if i got your character sheet, however, it would be good to look at the link I sent you so that you could possibly tell if your character is truely complete (I.E. All Skill percentages and combat bonuses in place)...

I have room for VF-19 Pilots as well, basically I was saying I have slots that can be filled so no one will be left out

Power Member

Postby shiruikage » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:04 am

whoa....i cant understand a single part of it. and with my crashed HDD, i'm afraid my backup sheet got lost as well. :(

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:25 pm

I just edited the original post into four posts I will try to break it down as best i can for you since it is alot of information in thise four posts

The excerpst from the posts are italicized further the additional breakdown (Which i hope helps) is done in normal text

(1st Post Intro Attribute Bonuses and OCC Link)

STEP ONE A Applying attibute bonuses (If Any)... In the Palladium Megaversal gaming system you determine attributes by rolling three six sided dice and adding up the total of all three dice adds up to 16 or above you are allowed to roll another six sided dice which will also add to your total... Also if you have a score of 16 or higher in any given attribute, you get bonuses for that specific attribute ... Even though the Gm rolls your attributes for you, if the GM is fair he will not cheat you out of bonuses from your attributes... However it is up to you to find out if you have any bonuses and apply them according to the attribute that has the bonus

STEP ONEB Getting your Occupational Character Class set up

First off let's start with the basics, I was just going to post the OCC on this post, but it seems someone else already has which of course makes things easier on me, read the OCC on this link carefully

http://www.macrossrpg.com/docs/index.ph ... hter_Pilot

First Determine if you have above avererage scores (16 or Higher) in any given attribute then make a note that you have bonuses in whichever attribute(s) that have an above average score... Then you need to follow the link on my post to the OCC find out just how many OCC skills you have and how many OCC related and Secondary skills you can get as well as what OCC related and Secondary skills are allowed to your OCC ,

(Second post Skills)

STEP TWO SKILLS Note, this is a work in progress

Now on to the skills, now keep in mind i did not type these myself, but instead pulled them from various online resources and touched up on a few things... And these guys did an excellent job, regardless, while i did not type all of this I DID Compile all of it and the task took hours which was an absolute bitch, Also note that if allowed i may put this on a more public thread, but for now it stays here so that no complications arise

Keep in mind that there are many skills that you will likely never use, but they are there as an option in case you wish to, also note that some of these skills may not be usable with whatever OCC you pick

So, pick your skills and pick them wisely for you have only so many slots to use

Once you have figured out what you need to know with your OCC you will need to get your percentages straight for your OCC Skills and pick OCC Related and secondary skills from the skills list, there is a large skills list which will allow you some diversity in character, just remember that you only have so many skill slots, also remember to leave a slot open if you are going to upgrade from Hand to hand Military Expert (listed in the hand to hand section) to martial Arts (This is the highest you can go since you don't play an operative style character)

Third Post Hand to hand Bonuses)

STEP THREE HAND TO HAND COMBAT BONUSES This is the area you set up for your Strike, Parry, Dodgr, Roll with punch/fall/ompact as well as your attacks

Hand to hand Skills.. Take note that you also get 2 attacks BEFORE you take any hand to hand skills, Also note that If it says restricted then you cannot have it unless you are using a class that allows it

Also note that with Basic and Expert Hand to hand i have two versions of each, Normal and Military, if your character is military (Which most who visit this site will have military characters) then BY ALL MEANS pick the military version, the other version is there just in case (for some odd reason) someone wants to use this guide while creating a civillian character

Of course after the skills you will need to plug in your hand to hand bonuses, read carefully and take note of restricted hand to hand forms, also if you are military and are taking hand to hand expert then for crying out loud take the military version of Expert (Same goes for basic, but if you are becoming a VF pilot you start with Expert)

(Post 4 Mecha nd Vehicle Combat)

STEP FOUR, VEHICLE AND MECHA COMBAT BONUSES

This of course covers combat training on Vehicles and mecha (I only have combat bonuses for Aerospace Craft and Variable fighters thusfar, but that is subject to change, also note that Vehicle and Mecha combat combines with Pilot's Hand to hand bonuses

And Finally you will need to plug in your mecha and/or your vehicle Combat bonuses, remember that your hand does combine with the combat bonuses of whichever Vehicle/Mecha you are using at the time

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:10 am

All whom I have been talking to about getting your characters finished go ahead and start posting on this link

http://www.macrossrpg.com/comms/viewtop ... 717#136717

No need to keep you guys waiting any longer, we'll just get your characters finished as we move along with the game

Return to Member Updates