July 2021 - Board, PHP and more Upgrades Warning

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

July 2021 - Board, PHP and more Upgrades Warning

Postby Lanji » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:02 pm

Greetings everyone,

While we haven't been having any issues, as some of you know this version of phpBB is rather old. Because I had to actually downgrade PHP to get it working, and I now have a few weeks to work on things (for once), I'm going to be testing making a fully site and database backup, then upgrading the board.

During the upgrade, to ensure that no one is able to post, I'll put a basic password on the website with an upgrade in progress message.

I do not have an exact time yet, as I would like to do a practice run or two before doing the final upgrade.

One thing I am worried we will use though is our current theme. If anyone has any suggestions on new theme's or looks for the boards they would like considered please let me know.
--
Blah.

White Knight

Re: July 2021 - Board, PHP and more Upgrades Warning

Postby InfernosCaress » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:36 pm

Themes. I made a temp site a few years back when this one was having all of those issues. No one was interested in using it, which was fine. I don't know anything about web design; I had just been messing around with it. If you like the look though, it might give you some ideas for a new theme here:

https://onhallowedwing.jcink.net/index.php

Return to General Discussion