Server issues, 4/2/2017 - 4/5

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

Server issues, 4/2/2017 - 4/5

Postby Lanji » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Greetings everyone,

First my apologies for all of the server issues over the last few days. Both myself and the co-location facility have been working to try and figure out what is going on.

But its been bad enough today that I went ahead and moved MacrossRPG.Com to use CloudFlare's free service.

My hope is that their CDN / Web Application Firewall will stop some of these bad Bots from hitting the server so hard.

Gary at the data center let me know that we had 164 hits access today to normal pages, 14694 by bots, and in the /doc dir. As such we needed to kill the bots in order to get the server to run normally, and this is our latest idea.

The only issue is, I'm not sure if everything will function normally while we're on CloudFlare. So let me know here or via PM and Email if you start running into problems.

Thanks,
-Lanji

Return to General Discussion