New Macross Series Announced

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

White Knight

New Macross Series Announced

Postby InfernosCaress » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:36 pm

During the Walkure concert a couple of days ago they announced a new Macross series for next year to celebrate the 35th Anniversary. They are also doing other things like a Macross Planetarium and a V.R. something-or-other. Incidentally, the announcement logo has a silhouette of a VF-1 on it, the one they use for the 'Ace Combat' Valkyrie Skins.

A link, if my word is not good enough:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... 17/.111598

Webmaster (F)

Re: New Macross Series Announced

Postby Lanji » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:05 am

I had seen that as well. I also noticed they had what looked like the YF-19 as well in that logo!

Postby William_Schider » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:58 pm

I will definetly hold my expectations low.....
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

-Sun Tsu

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:40 am

Well with the VF-1 in the logo and Delta's mention of the Megaroad's resurfacing, it could be following what happened to them while they were away.

I wonder what music genre the new series will be. They all have Pop with SDF maining it. Plus had Trance, 7 had Rock, Frontier had Dance, and Delta had Ska. Fire Bomber had a Country-Western album, too (I like that version of 'Planet Dance'). What's left? Rap? Barber Shop?

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:51 pm

They have begun some of the 35th Anniversary lead-up projects. Sheryl Nome is back with a new music video. She's older than she was in Frontier. Mid-to-late twenties it looks like. Here is video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzi-sVO-wC0

Return to General Discussion