Welcome InfernosCaress!

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

Welcome InfernosCaress!

Postby Lanji » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:36 pm

Welcome InfernosCaress to the MRC. Sorry for the delay in activating your account.

Enjoy!

-Lanji

White Knight

Re: Welcome InfernosCaress!

Postby InfernosCaress » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello, everyone.

My name is Marc. It is a pleasure to be here.

I guess I ought to say a little something about myself. You would think that would be a topic that I would be well versed in, but not so much. Let's see. My chief hobby writing. I like to think that I am not completely inept at it. I also enjoy reading. I used to play pen-and-paper RPGs when I was younger. I have played some of via-post style games. Most of my gaming experience is the pure writing type. I run a superhero game now that was left to me when the previous own decided to leave. Aaaand I sound like a huge nerd, so I am going to stop talking about me now.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Welcome aboard! I'm Sabre, I've been a member of community since....like forever. At any rate, I'm currently running a Dungeons & Dragon's campaign called Drow Elven Wars. Please take a look at that board and let me know if you find anything interesting.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:11 pm

If you don't have access to my board, let me know and I'll let Lanji know. Lanji if you are reading this, please give Infernoscaress access to the Drow Elf War section.

Staff Trainee

Postby Genjuro Vagetta » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:16 am

Hiya. I'm Genji. I've also been a member fir a very long time. Off and on as life happens. This is a good group and Cobalt and Sabre are two of the best GMs in the game. I know you'll enjoy it here. Welcome and Game On! :P
Don't hunt for death, for it finds us all soon enough.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:13 am

Welcome.

I have also responded to your questions on the Joining Board. Feel free to message me.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Hello, everyone. Tis nice to meet you, all.

Ah, so there are more Boards than I can see. That is encouraging as it may be more active than it appears. The ones that I can see now are "Exodus", "The Sage's Vault", "The Veil", and the "Dark Elven Wars".

Sabre, I played DnD back when 2nd Edition was new. Granted, I was a kid back then and did not really understand the nuanced. I haven't played it since then. I tried to pick up Pathfinder, but I never found anyone who was interested in playing. I wouldn't mind trying DnD again.

I look forward to playing with you all. In the meantime, I need to come up with a Macross character design for my training run. :)

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Fri May 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi Marc. I'm Matt.

Exodus and The Veil are my games. Presently they are in hiatus while I was away for a bit. I made a move across country recently. I'm about to start them up again if you are interested. The Veil is a horror/fantasy type game similar to Hellboy with a government agency comprised of unusual individuals pitted against the evils of the world. Exodus is a post-apocalyptic game where survivors have left the world and have been cast in with aliens and a budding galactic war.

As far as you sounding like a nerd on the MRC....well...
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzche

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Fri May 13, 2016 10:02 pm

That just makes me average? ;)

You are little bit late, Matt, my good man. A friend of mine asked me this afternoon to join her Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy/Sci-Fi game that she is starting up. You JUST missed out. Still, it was a nice offer. If I was not already running, like, twelve characters right now then I may have taken you up on the offer anyway.

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Fri May 13, 2016 10:58 pm

No problem. You are welcome anytime. I know the burdens of so many characters. Cobalt has had to fizzle a few on my account due to my being as Bilbo put it, "Jam spread over too much bread".
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzche

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Fri May 13, 2016 11:14 pm

I get that. I really do. I was debating over where or not to join her group. I probably shouldn't have, but I had to. Because I was asked. By a woman. Apparently, that makes a difference. (>_>)

Assistant Game Master

Postby Gerhard » Fri May 13, 2016 11:37 pm

It always does for me ^__^;;;

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Sat May 14, 2016 2:06 am

I cannot argue that.
- Friedrich Nietzche

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Sat May 14, 2016 9:18 am

Darn them and their vile, wily ways.

On a related note, I was flipping through a bunch of my friend's D&D books last week. I came across this:

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Thu May 26, 2016 1:10 pm

Better late than never! Welcome to the game and our community. Hope you have a fun and crazy cool time with us. My name is Natalia aka Nat and I am the old hag and MRC Matriarch lol :)

Just returning from hiatus myself so I look forward to meeting you in the boards!
kimi ni fureyou to suru hodo tsukande wa kieru "yuki no hana"
https://youtu.be/bDGm_GGaqo8

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Sun May 29, 2016 9:04 pm

And a hello to you.

Well, if you are old, then I guess we have something in common. Well, physically, anyway. My brain still refuses to accept that it has left the teen years. It still thinks that it is a kid.

Return to General Discussion