Updated: General Posting Etiquette 2011

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

Updated: General Posting Etiquette 2011

Postby Lanji » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:33 pm

Greetings everyone,

As many of you know, I only visit the forums occasionally anymore. Its a great opportunity for me to take a break from my day to day items, and see what creative things folks have been working on.

Today while visiting though, I saw a good discussion on policy that the Staff was having that I wanted to clarify. As a result of this discussion I went a head and updated the General Posting Etiquette post that had not been touched since 2004!

Changes include:

5) Subjects that might interest members of the MRC
to
5) Subjects that might interest other members of the MRC

Recycling: If your thread doesn't get a response in 5 to 10 days, don't recycle it by posting on it yourself.
to
Recycling/Restarting old threads: If your thread doesn't get a response in 5 to 10 days, don't recycle it by posting on it yourself. In addition, do not restart old threads (over year old) without first contacting and getting the permission of the original Author via Private Message. If you wish to start a new discussion on the topic of an old thread, start a new thread with your changes, and link to the old thread as part of the reference.

Discussions about new games: New games and suggestions are now asked to be made on the EITD (Einstein 15 Information Technology Department) board. Games must be approved by Lanji before they will be allowed, and it may take multiple months for a game to receive a board and hosting.
to
Discussions about new games: New games can be requested on the Member Updates Board, and the question posed to all members. Before getting a new board, you must have enough players to fill a majority of the slots you plan to have open.

These new changes are a result of accurately stating the way that new games are created now a days. They have also been introduced to encourage a decrease in recycled threads that are several years old. My thoughts are:

If you have something new to say, say something new and reference what you are talking about.

If you have any thoughts, discussion, other changes and suggestions you would like to see, please feel free to post your ideas below.

-Lanji

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Great to see you!

I do have one suggestion.

first contacting and getting the permission of the original Author via Private Message

I think that should be changed to getting the permission of an Admin.

Most of the original authors of older posts are no longer posting.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Return to General Discussion