Monster Hunter Tri

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Monster Hunter Tri

Postby araruin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:25 pm

I was a big fan of Monster Hunter on the PS2. It really have the look of a modern game, but it was awesome. It has everything most people want in a game: collecting, hunting, quests, parties, elite equipment, giant frikkin dragons. Unfortunately, Capcom shut the servers down over a year ago, and solo play lacks something when you ca't do anymore.

Thankfully, Monster Hunter Tri came out yesterday. I squeezed in some time to check it out, and there have been a lot of nice improvements while keeping the core game intact. It almost felt like coming home when I powered it up.

There is now free play in addition to quest zones. The game changes between day and night. Clouds cast moving shadows. You can swim. An owl flew right by me. It was awesome.

Unfortunately, Tri is only for Wii. Don't tell my wife, but I only agreed to get a Wii after I found out it would be getting MH3. :) I'll be looking to log some online time, which is free in America, in a few weeks. Is anyone else planning on getting MH3?

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:11 pm

I was thinking about it. I was hoping to see a preview of it or hear about the gameplay before I did.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby araruin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 am

http://www.cad-comic.com/

They have a video posted on their front page right now. It will change in a day or two. They have also been posting about Monster Hunter for the past week, so you should find some info in the older news feeds.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:48 am

What types of controllers does this one use? Is the Gamecube one of them?
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby araruin » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:26 am

I'm not sure what the Wii compatibility is. I only have the remote and nunchuck. The game manual shows a "Classic" and "Classic Pro" control in it.

Return to General Discussion