Revenge of the Fallen

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Revenge of the Fallen

Postby araruin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Here's my review for Revenge of the Fallen. It was a lot of awesome packed in with some what the heck. I think the biggest weakness of this film is that they tried to do too much. A lot of the movie doesn't flow well or even make sense a few times, because they didn't have enough time to build everything up.

It isn't entirely clear whether RC is all three motorcycles or just one. They do not combine.

The bots with the most camera time can only be described as hillbilly ghetto-bots. They provide tons of comic relief, but I wouldn't pick them on my team.

There are several instances where some characters just disappear.

In the opening sequence, the Autobot Sideswipe looks way too similar to the Decepticon they are chasing. I spent a few moments wondering why RC was shooting Sideswipe.

Soundwave, Ravage, Waspinator, Starscream, Megatron, Devastator and about fifteen Decepticons who are never named. Lots of combat. Really awesome. On the downside, many of the unnamed Decepticons look enough like Megatron, that it looks like he gets killed several times.

Jetfire and Wheelie aren't what you'd expect.

Overall, a decent film as long as you can get past the choppiness at the beginning.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:42 pm

I saw the movie last night and I loved it.

I thought it was pretty cool that they had RC in the movie as a pink motorcycle (as opposed to a dinky and dorky little car). One of the things I noticed was that the Autobots kind of took a background role in the film. It was mostly Bumblebee and Optimus and the "Hillbilly bots" for the autobots and then most of the film revolved around Sam.

The movie was great but I wanted less Sam and more autobots. I give it three and a half stars out of four..
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby Strider » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:03 pm

I think my biggest surprise was a Decepticon that could turn into an 18 year old, frisky co-ed. It's been a long time, but I'm pretty sure I'd have remembered a toy version of that...
________
MARRIAGE ADVICE ADVICE
Last edited by Strider on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Power Member

Postby tHatarMed » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:30 pm

She was invented for the story. I wikied the movie, and there learned that it was intended for her to take that form from scanning an automaton Alice from an Alice in Wonderland section of a theme park. I would have not thought to do such a thing, so kudos to the film's writers even if it was cut.

I liked the film, even if they could have fleshed out a few sections (and made it not so choppy). But that would have turned it into a Lord of the Rings style epic. Wasn't the flick already around 3 or so hours long? Went in to watch it at 1530 and didn't get out until 1820 or so.

I still think they could do with explaining why non-biological organisms need two sexes (especially considering they can swap parts on the spot). Oh well, I watched Transformers as a kid and will probably end up buying the film and seeing the third one. Just for shits and giggles.
[6227777]

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 am

Should all go well and my pay check come through, I shall be seeing this tonight.

I SQUEE WITH JOY!

Return to General Discussion