Farewell, Mr Clarke. I'll miss you.

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Farewell, Mr Clarke. I'll miss you.

Postby Cobalt » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:34 pm

Arthur C. Clarke died today and the literary world of science fiction is poorer for it. It seems a terrible day, when I look back and realize that the father of D&D, Gaty Gygax, and Arthur C. Clarke have died so close together. As death's come in threes, I shudder to think of who might be next. Or have we already seen all three, with Robert Jordan starting this terrible trinity of death?

Regardless, I bow my head and give a moment of silence to Arthur C. Clarke, one of the men who inspired a young boy to dream.

Rest in Peace.

~Wayne

"Good day, gentlemen. This is a prerecorded briefing made prior to your departure and which for security reasons of the highest importance has been known on board during the mission only by your HAL-9000 computer. Now that you are in Jupiter's space and the entire crew is revived it can be told to you. Eighteen months ago the first evidence of intelligent life off the Earth was discovered. It was buried 40 feet below the lunar surface near the crater Tycho. Except for a single very powerful radio emission aimed at Jupiter the four-million year old black monolith has remained completely inert. Its origin and purpose are still a total mystery." ~Arthur C Clarke, 2001: a Space Odyssey
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 pm

Truly sad. Another great soul has shrugged off his mortal husk to live on forever at what awaits us all.

They stars are now yours Doctor Clarke. You have been, you are and will continue to be, an inspiration to me.

Farewell.

Return to General Discussion