Ironqueen Updates

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Ironqueen Updates

Postby Cobalt » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:26 am

I received an e-mail from an old friend today and received some pretty bad news.

Ironqueen (a very dear friend to a lot of us here) is in the hospital due to complications with her pregnancy, pre-eclampsia. Things seem to be under control for the moment but thoughts, prayers, and well wishes would be greatly appreciated.

Her husband and mother are spending a lot of time at the hospital with her and regular updates can be found on their site, on the announcements thread.

I'll try to keep you all informed.

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:30 am

Please do.

My best wishes and prayers are with you IronQueen.

God bless you in your time of need.
Last edited by BEAR on Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:53 am

Ironqueen, I dont personally know you. But my prayers are with you and your family. Anytime a child's life is troubled. My heart weeps. Good luck and may God be with you. Cobalt, could you give this message to her for me? Thanks
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Game Master

Postby Halo » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:10 am

It's probably going on seven years since I last had the pleasure of gaming with IQ, but I remember those threads fondly. I'll keep her and Jester in my prayers. :)

Postby Phantomj » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:39 am

All be it bad thanks Cobalt for the information. Give my best wishes to Jester and IronQueen as well and I'll be praying for them myself. I too remember the great gaming sessions with them.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:22 pm

This message was posted by Nat's (Ironqueen) husband.

Update time.

Im back home after spending a fun filled 60 hours in the Queen Charlotte and Chelsea Hospital, which incidentally is part of Hammersmith Hospital, and star's in Michael Moore's new film Sicko. (Queen Charlotte side is much more modern than the main Hammersmith Hospital its attached to.) Nat was in the Delivery Suite in the High Risk unit. We both had about 2-3 hours sleep each as the Midwives were coming in and checking her stats every 30 minutes. Plus everytime she started to doze off her heart-rate went under 50 beats a minute and an alarm went off. (She has a good athletic heart-rate from spinning.) She didn't get any proper sleep until we persuaded one of the midwives to adjust the alarm setting to 45 bpm.

Today (when I got to go home and shower and change for the first time in 72 hours.....yeah I don't want to know how bad I smelled,) Nat was moved down to the Ante-Natal wards where she is now declared stable. No idea whats happening yet though as the Midwives have told us a number of possible scenario's but the Doctors are playing their cards close to their chests.

Possibilities are:

1. (Most likely) Nat will be induced in 2-3 weeks, baby will go to the Neo-Natal unit for a while (incidentally Queen Charlottes has the best Neo-Natal unit in the country.)

2. They keep Nat stable and then ship her back to the Royal Surrey in Guildford in a few weeks.

3. They keep her in for a few weeks, then send her home with instructions to go to the Doctor every 2 days to get her blood pressure checked.

We'll have to wait and see. She's off the critical list though which is great news

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:58 pm

That's good news! I'm praying that Nat and baby's recovery continues on the UPswing! :)

Game Master

Postby Cid Highwind CO VI » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:37 am

Wayne, give them my best wished and let them know my thoughts are with them

Todd

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:33 pm

That's great news. I hope that the worst is over and that nothing else goes wrong before (and after) IronQueen gives birth.

Assistant Game Master

Postby vgsc » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:05 am

Please tell Dan and Nat that they are always in my prayers and anything that can be done from San Francisco will be done...

God Bless
If It Can't Level A City It Isn't Worth Flying...

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:16 am

For those of you that want to follow the news closer, feel free to use this link: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/i ... pic=1411.0

Also, for those of you wondering, I did post as clange there wishing Nat and Dan my best. Furthermore, for those of you shocked by that, feel free to offer your best wishes as well.

Please do me one favor though. If you notice any comments on the thread directed in the MRC's direction in any type of light, please ignore it and concentrate on the real issue of Natalie's issues.

Thanks,
-Chris

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:22 pm

I was exchanging emails with Nat right up until she went in the hospital and I would have preferred to call her and Dan but I no longer have any contact information for them. Nonetheless, as I told Nat when we last chatted that she will remain in my thoughts and prayers and in regards to that promise, nothing has changed.

I'm hoping that she will be on the mend soon and that her, baby and Dan will be doing fine.

Game Master (SM)

Postby Crimson Reaver » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:37 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you all an update as I've just finished speaking to Dan on the phone, it's fantasic news :) I've posted the details here http://www.macrossroleplay.org/forums/i ... pic=1428.0
Come see the Lions! Only in Kenya!
Free Snorkel with every visit!

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Welcome news indeed. Congratulations to both Nat and Dan!!

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:27 pm

Great news!!

I've just received some private email from Nat who is doing much better, so is Dan and their beautiful son. Now that things have stabilized a bit (though they are not completely out of the woods yet), the pressure on both of them is greatly reduced and slowly returning to normal.

Dan has been reading our emails and messages to her and she has asked me to let everyone know how grateful she is for all of the warm wishes and support and she has asked that I give a 'virtual' hug to everyone on her behalf. She has asked me to drop a few private messages to a number of individuals so I will do that afterward.

The power of positive thought and prayer works. And Nat is very thankful for our friendship.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:31 pm

Nat also sent along 4-5 photos but I don't have permission to post those yet. I'll add them later if I get the greenlight from Nat.

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:40 pm

Another update from Nat.

Her son is now breathing on his own (without assistance), has put on a bit of weight and if he continues to progress, he may be transferred to a hosptial near her.

Please keep Nat, her son and her husband in your thoughts and prayers for a bit longer.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:49 pm

They have all been in my prayers daily, and continually. I wish them all good health and happiness.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:14 pm

That is great news, Nick. I'll have to send them a message.

Power Member

Postby Lt Col Andy Reddson, REF » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:39 pm

Sorry I been AWOL, but:

“Lord, watch over your children in their time of need, in accordance with Your divine will. Amen.”

Good to see it looks all better now (though I might have misread it).

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:07 pm

A recent email from Nat. Her son has been putting on weight, he now weighs about 3 lbs but they've had some minor setbacks requiring more visits to the hospital regarding his breathing as his CO2 and O2 levels are not quite where they should be.

Young Alex is not yet out of the woods but is slowly improving. Nat wanted me to let everyone know that she appreciates our thoughts and prayers.

Ji'Tuan

Postby Suzaku » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 pm

A well overdue post...

Some of you, I remember, some are all new faces and names to me, but I wanted to post a belated thank you to all of you who sent your prayers and positive thoughts to Alexander and I. Dan always kept me updated whilst I was in hospital, so it was something that put a smile on my face.

Better late than never, BIIIIIG thank you to you all from me and Lexxi. (who is now 9 months old and 14lbs!)

My very special thanks (as well as my husband and son's) go to the following people, who kept in touch with me during and after mine and Lex's hospital stay: Nick (Sabre), Wayne & Vonni, Chris and Crimson Reaver. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and sorry I have not been in touch lately, fortunately the little one keeps me busy and I have started working again, so I have little time for myself nowadays :) hence me not getting online often at all... however you all are in my thoughts daily

Nat xxx

ps: I'll be sending email updates soon *hugs*

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:31 pm

It's great to hear from you, Nat! I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you and Dan. Lots of love and give Dan and Lexxi a hug from me. *hugs* And here's one for you, too. ;) *hugs*

Wayne

Game Master (SM)

Postby Crimson Reaver » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Awww! Soooo cute!

Thanks for the pic! It's so great to hear you're all doing so well :) I need to give you guys a ring at some stage, been ages since I've spoken to either of you.
Come see the Lions! Only in Kenya!
Free Snorkel with every visit!

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Welcome news indeed!!

Next

Return to General Discussion