macross map?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

macross map?

Postby kaibrightwing » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:10 pm

I do not remember if i posted this before or not, but is there a map of the galaxy of macross with location of earth and other spots on it?
Because im trying to finish my website with the map as the main page.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:16 pm

Short-form: Nothing official.

Long-form: Nothing official, but a few of them are real star systems, so pull yourself up a map of local space from an astronomy website and start sticking pushpins in the map until you get something that feels right.

Ji'Tuan

Postby studiootaking » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:19 am

The map that I have collated to date, and I advise using it as a reference, or starting point, is viewable here:
http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchle ... ticmap.gif

(It's big!) Please don't use this actual map in your page, but feel free to use the information contained within it.

The sectors are completely arbitrary, and are only truly relevant to my, and MasumiX's games. Further information on the logic of the layout, and the placement of it is detailed here: http://www.macrossroleplay.org/Sketchle ... ations.htm (be warned that it is a mess and needs a serious renovation.)

The only 'Macross truth' is that of the border of Sector 2 and the sectors beyond - it's about 100 lightyears from Earth, and that border is a specific figure mentioned in the Macross Compendium for the immediate post-SWI years.

Eden's distance from Earth is accurate, though it's placement is not. And as always, it's a 2D map, and space is 3D. Zeta Reticuli is a real star system, and the location of the fictional LV-426 aka the planet in 'Alien' and 'Aliens'. It's distance from Earth is accurate. And yes, Sector M183-92 is the location of the M15 fleet. It is 'way beyond' the edge of the map.

Postby kaibrightwing » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:17 am

thank you this infor will work.
So what happaning with m-15 the last thing i read it was attacked?

Ji'Tuan

Postby studiootaking » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:24 pm

It really depends on your GM, and which Macross roleplaying site your game is occuring on. Let's just leave it up to your GM(s) to fill you in on the fate of the fleet.

Return to General Discussion