In Fond Remembrance: Steve Irwin

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

In Fond Remembrance: Steve Irwin

Postby Cobalt » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:38 am

I've been in shock since first learning of Steve's death.

I always imagined that, when it was time for the Crocodile Hunter to go, it would be some fearsome predator that finally got the best of him. The tragic irony is that Steve lost his life to a normaly docile creature that may have been inadvertently and unintentionally frightened.

A stingray barb to the heart...

I've been a fan ever since I first encountered the Crocodile Hunter on television and I've stuck with the original Hunter even as a score of pretenders and wannabes showed up, aping his mannerisms and trying very hard to be him. And since this is a fond remembrance, I'll spare them the venom I have for them and simply say that Steve Irwin was often imitated but never duplicated. He was, in the words of Russel Crowe, a Wildlife Warrior and our world is poorer for his loss.

Steve, I know that you're in Heaven but that does not erase the pain of your death. Your in a better place but some of the life has gone out of this one with the extinguishing of your flame.

Crocodile Hunter, you'll be sorely missed.

In fondest remembrance and with my deepest and most sincere condolences to your wife and children,

~Cobalt

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:55 am

Steve, I know that you're in Heaven but that does not erase the pain of your death. Your in a better place but some of the life has gone out of this one with the extinguishing of your flame.

*Takes hat off to The Croc Hunter*

We will all miss him and his "Croiky"(sp?).
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Ji'Tuan

Postby Blue Phoenix » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:13 pm

I feel sorry for his wife and children. He was a fun loving mate, and an awesome father. I hope his kids will live on in his legacy, and find that the world's creatures are not all that bad.

Good luck to those that live on.

Ji'Tuan

Postby studiootaking » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:31 pm

It was a sad day, learning that one of my heroes had passed on. At least it was while he was doing what he loved, during an adventure.

I do sincerely hope that his messages, and life-long goals are not forgotten, and continue to propagate in our globalizing culture(s).

Steve Irwin, you will be missed!

Power Member

Postby Lt Col Andy Reddson, REF » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:45 am

Look at the bright side- He died doing what he did, and loved, best.

Return to General Discussion