Game Dynamics

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Game Dynamics

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:10 am

So the GM of each say squadron controls all in game occurances. We pick the actions and then they say what happened or do we describe in text what we are trying to do then list our actions? I ve been reading some of the training threads and this part of the game is still foggy. I hate to be a burden and Im not a total dummy but I just want to be on the sdame page if Im able to start playing with you guys. (and ladies) :)

Game Master (SM)

Postby Crimson Reaver » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:35 am

There's a big distinction between social interaction and doing things that require the rules. The players do spend a fair amount of time taking to each other, all you need to do is respond to the other players in character and they should do likewise.

Whenever you're attempting to do something, like drive a car quickly, pilot a VF or similar, you describe what you're attempting to do, then write down a list of actions for that round (each character has a set number of actions determined by their character sheet). The GM rolls the dice behind the scenes and describes how your actions work out.

Everyone on the MRC goes through a training class so as to make sure we all have a similar playstyle in terms of how we go about making a post, so if you're not 100% sure at the moment, you will be after you've gone through a training class. :)
Come see the Lions! Only in Kenya!
Free Snorkel with every visit!

Game Master

Game Dynamics

Postby MustangGT02 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:05 pm

Thnx alot Crimson. I appreciate that.
:D

Return to General Discussion