E-mail from NBC

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Group Leader

E-mail from NBC

Postby Nomad Soul » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:35 am

So someone from NBC e-mailed my brother and I at "Humpski Productions" and wants to use "The Master Disaster" for their new TV show, coming in the fall. Pretty cool eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcezUQtrpUw

Only thing is we never got permission to use that Matrix music. I don't want to get sued for a billion dollars. I don't think I have the original footage anymore to re-edit it either.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23680

What a pickle...

Game Master

Postby Halo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:23 pm

I feel conflicted. You're my bud, so I need to support you on this exciting new opportunity. On the other hand, the show from NBC is hosted by Carson "I'm a complete tool" Daly.

Maybe if you put Carson in your next movie and kick his ass, then it'll work. :lol:

And I wouldn't worry too much about the music . . . odds are they'll cut the movie down and re-score it anyway.

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:00 pm

Haha, maybe you're right.

I'd love to kick Carson Daly's arse.

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:27 pm

Congrats on the offer.

If you're really worried about being sued might I suggest putting most of you're financial assets in a Swiss bank account. They can't touch it then. You could also just dig a really big hole in your backyard and bury your stuff. (wink)

Too bad I never watch NBC (communist conspiracy involving Connan Obrien). Oh well.

Ji'Tuan

Postby Blue Phoenix » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:36 pm

I love conan O', and that film

Don't worry about being sued. Just say that the music was.....well...

Do not try to use the music, because the music is not there. It is only the figment of the music, so using it would be impossible. Just...believe that the music is there.....and it will be so. ~Listen to the freaky man with the bending Juke Box O_O

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Ha.
Yes, I'll deny everything.

Web Managers Group

Postby Xuric » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:11 pm

You could see if NBC could help with that. I'm sure THEY can get the rights. ;)

Staff Trainee

Postby Legend » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:53 pm

Congrats on the offer. Just mention the music issue to NBC, and they'lll work it out. I think they would be liable as well since they broadcast it, but I'm no lawyer.
"You know what the chain of command is? Its the chain I go get and ruttin beat you with until you figure out I'm in command!"

Game Master

Postby Halo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:58 pm

The original audio of that movie will never see the light of broadcast. They'll put in their own stock Kung-fu audio and cheesey kung-fu sound effects . . . maybe even some vagualy asian grunts over your and Kyle's voices since you don't have that unmixed anymore.

Ever watched "Web 2.0" on VH-1? It's basically the same concept without it being an "America's Funniest Home Videos" style contest. A LOT of the viral videos on that show have completely different audio tracks than their original versions on the net.

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:02 am

Well dang, that would suck.
It's a work of art already!
:P

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:30 am

Have a bad feeling NBC will become like the Fox channel if they start change everything except the screenplay in your movie. :D

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=145

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:18 am

I've just decided to film a longer and more impressive fight scene this weekend. So hopefully I can find some good royalty free music.

Return to General Discussion