New Original Star Wars Footage

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

New Original Star Wars Footage

Postby Halo » Mon May 15, 2006 2:15 pm

I've seen stills of this scene in a bunch of places, but never video (and with sound no less).

http://howtorockstar.blogspot.com/2006/ ... -star.html

Pretty cool...

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Mon May 15, 2006 3:10 pm

I didn't watch yet cuz I'm at work but is it the scene with Luke and Biggs on Tatooine?

Game Master

Postby Halo » Tue May 16, 2006 7:40 pm

Yup

Ji'Tuan

Postby studiootaking » Tue May 16, 2006 11:28 pm

As cool, interesting and enlightening to character motivations the clip is, I can tell you why it was cut: it slows down the movie significantly at the very start. It also repeats a few things said and inferred elsewhere.

Without it, it makes Luke's original situation more bleak - the appearance of no friends, as they've all gone and left for bigger and better things!

Also, it's very '70's and too campy in feeling. It would've brought down the movie, IMHO.

Thanks for bringing this to our awareness. It is a definite trip down memory lane. And it is funny how Luke's funky hat at the start of the clip looks exactly like Samuel L. Jackson's purple hat that he wore off screen during filming of Eps. II. Funky!

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Wed May 17, 2006 9:51 am

Haha!
Why the heck is Biggs wearing a cape?
It doesn't suit him.

Very cool clip though! Thanks!

Even if it was left in the movie, I'd still have laughed when Biggs blew up.

Squad Leader

Postby tralnon » Thu May 18, 2006 10:32 am

ha, that's a scene taken from the book. ^^ I remember reading it, I can't remember how close to the beginning it is, though. *shrug*

It was probably cut out because of time restraints. Movies weren't that long back then. ^^

Return to General Discussion