Help Save Palladium!!

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Assistant Game Master

Help Save Palladium!!

Postby Gerhard » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:38 am

Alot of you(I hope) have heard of Palladium. Those of you who own copies of the Robotech RPG books, flip them over and you'll see they were made by Palladium.

Palladium has been one of the biggest roleplaying game companies out there, surviving since the 80's, and creating such classic games as Robotech, Palladium Fantasy, and RIFTS.

Well Palladium is in trouble and needs the help of its fans. Read Kevin Siembieda's open letter here , for the whole story.

Needless to say this great company needs our help. It will be a shame if they close their doors

Game Master

Postby Rannilas » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:28 pm

I wrote this a long time ago in the Staff Board:

Posted: 30 Oct 2002 06:17 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a great guy I spoke with him today on the phone and during the course of our conversation I mentioned our little troupe of international friends and the great care we take not to infringe on his copyrights and trademarks. When I mentioned that we get new players all the time asking where to find the books he told me to mention the following to everyone. Palladium still has some copies of the Macross/Robotech books at their offices. Using the Christmas Surprise Package in The Rifter, one could request such a book and most likely receive it. Since most of the world knows that Palladium is out of the Macross storyline since 2001, pretty much noone is going to ask for the stuff. Pass the word on to those in need. Personally, I'll be asking for a Macross 2 book so I can give Araruin back his copy

Power Member

Postby Lt Col Andy Reddson, REF » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:19 pm

Even as bitter as I am at the Palladium-Robotech-Macross "community" I ordered a print. Sent the letter out Saturday (and it wasn't money I could really spare, but the rent is covered for this month and I can eat at work, so it's not like I gotta blow off a bill).

Assistant Game Master

Postby Thorn » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:40 pm

Don't you think five-month thread necromancy is a bit excessive?

Power Member

Postby Lt Col Andy Reddson, REF » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:01 am

¿I dunno, are they still in trouble? Yes… ¿Was the thread still on page one? Yes… So no, I guess it’s not really that much…

Return to General Discussion