Is posting Macross RPG data online illegal?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:18 am

Sorry to go back to the original question here (considering most of the question has been answered), but yes, technically we aren't in violation of US Copyright law as its defined right now.

But we are in potential violation of multiple licenses regarding Macross and Robotech, and we are for sure in violation of the Trademark use of the term "Macross"

I've done my best to midigate those potential problems by formulating our current licensing agreement in that everything is copyright to an individual who in turn gives this community the ability to display it. The website also has no direct advertising on it, and is very much not a profit (even though its not registered as its own non-profit orgainzation under tax law).

That's honestly the best we can hope to do at this point. Until and/or if we ever receive offical notice not to post the materials that are posted, I have no intention of worrying about the potential legal problems hosting such a website entails. While I realize this won't put a lot of peoples minds at ease, its the best we can do when we're playing in other peoples worlds.

Previous

Return to General Discussion