What conventions have you been to?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

What conventions have you been to?

Postby Phantomj » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:56 am

I just got back from Game Storm 8, for those whom have no clue the 8 stands for years it has been run. This is a Non Profit gaming convention in the Pacific North West of the U.S.A. It was fun and I'm really tired. Please feel free to come out of the closet of your gaming cons or cons in general.

Delta Member

Postby Ryudo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:13 pm

when was that? damn i would have gone to was it in seattle or further north?
The person who says it's imposible should stay out of the way of the person who is doing it.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Gerhard » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:20 am

Well I've been to a load of Anime conventions. Just in 2005 I went to Katsucon, Anime Next, Anime Boston, Otakon, and AUSA, plus a score of smaller ones.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:34 am

A few years ago, Rannilas, Sladeamx, and I drove up to Orlando for a toy con because the guys from Dreamwave were supposed to be showing up. They never did, and about the only thing to do at a toy con is look at toys, so it pretty much sucked. I did have fun hanging out with my friends though, so it wasn't a total lose.

Postby Phantomj » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:45 am

Ryudo it was down in Vancouver at the Red Lion hotel, now I'm nut sure were it will be held next year I'll keep ya informed. It ran this month 24-26th

Staff Trainee

Postby WreckBMX » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:16 am

Hah hah hah hah hah hah hah .. Umm.. Orlando? Darn
There's nothing new, There never will be, It's all been done before.... it's only in Drugs and death that we will ever seen anything new, and Death is just too controlling-- " Survivor " Chuck Palahnuick

Delta Member

Postby Ryudo » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:39 pm

well i did make it to sakura con this past weekend didn't pick up to many thing though
The person who says it's imposible should stay out of the way of the person who is doing it.

Staff Trainee

Postby Legend » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:01 pm

I've been to several cons in my area, Fanimecon is my favorite, but Wondercon, Sac Con, Comicon are pretty good. I've also been to Anime Expo, but the experience is not particulary good.
"You know what the chain of command is? Its the chain I go get and ruttin beat you with until you figure out I'm in command!"

Staff Trainee

Postby WreckBMX » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:02 pm

Hell.. all there is around here are:

BaptistCon: Throughly boring, even to rednecks.. no alcohol allowed :(
&
TractorCon: Lot's of fun till you realize you're actually supposed to do work with these giant Tonka toys.

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:07 am

I went to Gengis Con, an RPG con that they used to have in Vancouver, a couple of Star Trek conventions, and I went to both Akacons. This year I might go to Anime Evolution in August but I haven't decided yet.

Flight Leader

Postby Jouby » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:23 pm

See, I've never heard of conventions in Quebec. The only thing that we have that come close might be the Fantasia festival. They usually show movies from all around, but mainly asian "fantasy" and horror movies that don,t usually come to north american.

We can even have some producers sometimes. This is were I can get glimpses of upcoming anime but they are usually mini series (Boogiepop Phantom, Lain) or feature films such as X the movie, millenium avtess and others.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll look at an anime box set and not wonder if it's really good, or only the cover :)

Return to General Discussion