Good Podcasts?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Good Podcasts?

Postby Halo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:08 am

Hi All,

As some of you know, my work requires me to travel . . . a lot! The only thing that really keeps me going is my trusty iPod and the podcasts I listen to. I have a few I listen to all the time, but am always looking for new ones.

Here's what I currently subscribe to:

COMICS
Comic Geek Speak
Fanboy Radio
iFanboy Pick of the Week

NEWS
60 Minutes
Discover Channel

TV/MOVIES
The Babylon Podcast

TECH
Diggnation
This Week in Tech

COMEDY
The Onion Radio News
Dragon Page Wingin' It
Extra Life Radio
NPR: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

GAMES
PC Gamer

Yeah, looks like a lot. But trust me, when you spend your days driving all day, every day they go by pretty fast. Any other Podcast fans out there? Anything you guys can recommend?

Group Leader

Postby Nomad Soul » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:42 am

Well, I work in an office and I have been using itunes for music for like 3 years. I just recently learned about this podcast thing.

I only subscribe to one.

http://www.japanesepod101.com/

It's awesome! They teach you the Japanese language.
It's broadcast from Tokyo so when they give you examples they actually have native speakers teaching it. I usually do 2-3 lessons a day and just repeat them all day long. So far they have made it very easy to learn.

I actually look forward to coming into work now so I can get the next lesson.
Last edited by Nomad Soul on Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

Group Leader

Postby inix88 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:33 pm

That's awesome. I am going to try that, and rejoice in living in the 21st century....

Return to General Discussion