The best Macross music video I've seen to date

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Staff Trainee

The best Macross music video I've seen to date

Postby CombatReady » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/w/Macross-Zero-V ... ch=macross

there it is. seriously, it's very well done. if i had one problem with it, the editor recycled some footage but it's still a killer anime music video.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:03 pm

It's very pretty, but I don't know about the best ever. My personal favorite is Need for Speed 2, which primarily features footage from Macross Plus and compares the show to Top Gun.

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:30 pm

Oasis - Do You Want to Be a Space Man - Mac+
Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away - Mac 7/Dynamite

Check em out at www.animemusicvideo.com if you haven't. Good stuff.

Staff Trainee

Postby Dane Riley » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:07 pm

I haven't seen Need for Speed 2 for Macross Plus, Araruin, but I have seen one called Need for Speed. Is that the one with Isamu's VF-11 spliced into a certain film sequence from Top Gun? Another AMV that absolutely blew me away was 'Moondance' by Nightwish with video from Macross Zero. Amazing stuff.

Group Leader

Postby ColdFire » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:31 pm

At www.animemusicvideos.org there is a series of three Macross zero videos done to Ace Combat 5 audio. They go by the names Ace Combat Zero. Very good.

Game Master

Postby araruin » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:56 am

I've misplaced my zip drive. When I find it again, I'll upload the video.

Ji'Tuan

Postby Blue Phoenix » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:18 am

Man....so much cooler than what Robotech did....MUST WATCH MACROSS

Group Leader

Postby inix88 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:51 pm

I'm drooling.

The Distance

Postby ParanoidPenguinP » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:37 pm

I'm a bit biased because I love the Band & Plus but I really think this is probably the best macross AMV I've seen

http://www.youtube.com/w/Macross-Plus-A ... ch=macross
Hi, pardon me if I fall over, and/or forget my name

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:50 pm

I haven't seen Need for Speed 2 for Macross Plus, Araruin, but I have seen one called Need for Speed. Is that the one with Isamu's VF-11 spliced into a certain film sequence from Top Gun?

I've now seen Need for Speed, and I can't see any difference between this and NFS2. You can find it at http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=20674 but you'll need a login to view it.

While searching the net, I also found a few on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/results?tag=macr ... nce&page=2

Postby Ukara » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:27 pm

Those clips are cool...
I'm having a bit of trouble with the whole RoboTech / Macross thing. I only really got to know the American Robotech series (too many years ago) and thought it could be a lot better... I remember seeing some of a movie "macross" which seem to be the same base storyline but in japanese. And I remember it not being cheezy.. This "Macross Plus" movie that is for sale everywhere... Is that the Original Japanese (with english subtitles) movie or is it something else all together?
Anyone know where I can obtain the original Macross series?
I would like to see the original stuff... Glad I found this site...

The Prodical :)
Last edited by Ukara on Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Three Words: Judge. Book. Cover...

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:43 pm

Macross is avaialble from AnimEigo now, should be able to pick up individual discs. Its essentially the same story as the first Part of Robotech, just with less changed to make the next part of Robotech make any sense.

Macross Plus is the next series done in the Macross-verse, its japanese but the dub is actually quite good if you don't like subtitles.

Macross 7 and Macross Zero are also both part of the official Macross stuff, Macross 7 being the last chronological thing and Macross Zero being a pre-Macross thing set during the UN War before the SDF Macross was operational. Neither are available in the US outside of fansubs.

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:09 am

Actually, Kai, ADV is presently releasing Macross on bilingual DVD's (I think they're up to volume 2 or 3 now).

Wing Leader

Postby Kai » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:30 pm

Ah, wasn't sure really, just knew they were out again, I was one of those crazy people who bought the AnimEigo boxset for insane amounts of money :)

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:24 am

Yeah, me too^_^. While I am curious as to how ADV's voices sound I have no real desire to spend the money to buy another copy of the series (maybe if I win the lottory or my present copy dies...)

Where to buy Macross

Postby Ukara » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:58 am

I assume a large amount of money is the US$53, for the Macross series, that they are asking on Amazon (+ postage)... Has anyone tried ebay? :D...
Three Words: Judge. Book. Cover...

Return to General Discussion