Greetings from the era of grunge!

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Greetings from the era of grunge!

Postby Guinch » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 am

Hi everyone!

I'm Guillaume, also known as Guinch ; I was lucky enough to play at the MRN/MRC in the 90's (Beginhill-15: Rising Thunders class, Golden Dragons, 366th AW Gunfighters / 34th Thunderbirds) ; a great experience that forged friendships I still cherish to this day.

Speaking with those friends from way back when, I was pleasantly surprised to see this community is still active.

I'll be submitting a character and hope join you guys in a game soon!

Re: Greetings from the era of grunge!

Postby William_Schider » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:22 am

The old band is getting together! ;)
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

-Sun Tsu

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 pm

I thought it might be better if I posted on this board so I can avoid duplicate private messages to both of you.

Yes. I can take on two more players.
The unit is combat squadron associated with the UNS Navy.
Yes a character with a Marine background would be fine, you just need to find a way to make them Navy and the switch is permanent
No, the old version of Palladium type stats are not necessary, just a very good and detailed character background.

You will need to review the posts on both the Gunfightgers and the Jolly Rogers board. I would also recommend you review the other character submission so you can see what yours should look like. The year is 2050 and the colony mission was launched in 2039 or 2040 so unless your characer is very old, you were brought aboard as a child. Your characters were raised, educated and trained while in deep space. The city and the fleet is the only home you really know, memories of Earth and Eden are faint.

Postby Guinch » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:31 am

Great,

I'll probably come up with an all-new character concept, making him Macross-10 native and Navy affiliated.

If a GM can grant us (Will & I) the necessary board permissions, I'll start reading the campaign material right away.

Postby William_Schider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:45 am

As with Guinch. As soon as we gety access we can get familiar with the campaign. :)
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."

-Sun Tsu

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Alas, no one ever chooses to join the piratey thieves in the other game.

Return to General Discussion