Delta Movie

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

White Knight

Delta Movie

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:32 pm

They announced that Macross Delta is getting a movie version. This is good because Delta definitely needed a redo.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ie-version

Game Master

Re: Delta Movie

Postby Cobalt » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:54 pm

Nice. I will have to keep an eye out for that.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:49 pm

I hope that it is a new version like DYRL or the Frontier films. Just a clipshow would be a let down. Arguably still more entertaining than 2/3s of the Delta series was, but still.

Postby Kosh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:24 pm

So it wasn't just me who thought that Delta was generally poo?

Frontier was excellent, I would say its up there with one of my favorites, with Plus and the Original leading the way but Delta was pretty meh

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 pm

No, it was not just you. In my experience, the general opinion was that Delta was subpar. It had a lot of potential what with getting to see the Protoculture, the Anima Spiritia Battleship, the return of the Megaroad 1, descendants of characters from SDFM and Zero. I even like the Ska Band. It just had so many episodes of nothing happening. The problem, I think, stemmed from the fact that, as the production staff said an interview and a released letter, that Delta was intended to be half as many episodes. it was supposed to end with that certain character's death and the Sigur Valens wiping out the in-coming NUNS Fleet. Then there was to be one or two movies released a few years that were to later pick up after that. During the production of Episode 4, word came down that the movies were scrapped and the series was doubled in length. They just did not have enough story planned to stretch it out.

My favorite series of 7. It had a lot of recycled footage, but I still liked it.

Postby Kosh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Those same 3 VF-11's died so many times.....

Poor guys.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:09 am

It is a strategy. The enemy won't be expecting them to keep doing the same thing.

Return to General Discussion