Ironqueen's status

This is an open MRC ONLY discussion area for the discussion or petition of Rules, Policies, or other MRC and MRC Alliance items. Please announce any absences (long term or short term) on this board. New campaign announcements will be posted on this board, as well.
White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:46 pm

Hiya peeps, I am sorry about the delay in posting but I've been under the weather and is summer time off from school here so we have been out and about with Alex too.

I should be back by the end of the week. Thank you x

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 am

No worries here. I've been in a similar situation myself with my daughter. I should be back soon too.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzche

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi guys,

just a quick update for you all. A month or so ago I was diagnosed with PVD in my left eyes (Posterior vitreous detachment). It is not as bad as it sounds but right now my vision is similar to that of a person with cataracts and that is the sucky part of it all really, as I can't see well but there is no treatment for PVD unless it progresses to a retinal detachment in which case it can be repaired. However, as consequence of this, I have been suffering of really bad headaches and migraines which keep me away from my computer for long periods of time (hence the lack of posting).

I am starting a course of acupuncture and physiotherapy next week to help with my headaches, so fingers crossed I will be back to regular posting in a couple of weeks if things improve. Could I please ask Wayne and Matt to look after my characters until I return? Apologies in advance for any delays caused.

Take care guys, and fingers crossed will be back in no time.

Nat x

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this. You are in my thoughts and my prayers. You have to take care of your health first, Nat. Your characters are in good hands until you are able to get back.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:10 am

Nat, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I hope all will be well soon.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

White Knight

Re: Ironqueen's status

Postby IronQueen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Thank you, guys. Well I have some good news :) So far no retinal tears so I am almost in the safe zone (usually patients will get retinal tears after 2/3 months of suffering PVD). Acupuncture is doing wonders for my migraines and even though I still can't see very well from my left eye, the pain that had me in darkness is almost gone. I still can't stare at the PC monitor for long periods, especially to type or read, but I am trying to pace myself. I am hoping to be able to post at least once a week until I can handle the problem better. There is no cure or treatment for PVD, so I know it won't improve, but one gets used to it. However, I apologise in advance for any brief posts.

On another news, I have something awesome to share with you all: after a year of painfully waiting, Dogs for the Disabled have finally found a match for Alex and we met his soon to be Assistance Dog last Friday. Her name is Ocean, and she is a 18 months black Labrador. She is extremely sweet and clever, and they both seemed to click instantly and soon after meeting each other, Alex was throwing her toy for Ocean to fetch, feeding her treats and even saying her name! An Assistance Dog is a bit like a Guide Dog, but they are trained specially for autistic children. Here is some info if you are curious as to how they change lives: http://www.dogsforthedisabled.org/what-we-do/how-to-apply-for-an-assistance-dog/autism-services-for-children/autism-assistant-dog-service/

Speaking of Ocean, I will be away from 25-30 November staying at Dogs for the Disabled HQ in Oxford. Before she comes home, I need to go and learn how to handle her, train her, etc. And surely, she will train me on a thing or two lol :) Obviously the accommodation lacks wi-fi so I will not have internet for a week and will be unable to post at all that week. Just a heads up while I remember. Thank you all for your patience x

kimi ni fureyou to suru hodo tsukande wa kieru "yuki no hana"
https://youtu.be/bDGm_GGaqo8

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:18 pm

This is a lot of great news. So happy for you and for Alex.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:54 pm

thank you, honey x

Postby Kosh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm

So happy to hear all the above Nat. I hope everything works out for yourself as well as the newest addition to your family :)

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:54 pm

thank you xxx :)

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Getting a dog is always awesome, but this is especially so. I'm happy for you and Alex - I hope it's at least as much fun as it is work.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Nat, I wanted to say how good your news was and I am also glad that you got approved for the dog. I hope all keeps getting better and Ocean becomes one of the family real quick. Again, congrats and hope you keep getting better.

~Chris
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Belated thank you, Chris :)

Hello again, guys! it's slacker number one here. Sorry for the long silence. No, seriously, I have been doing anything BUT slacking. I am exhausted yet content in a way (for that brief amount of hours in which i can stay awake anyhow!). After doggie bootcamp, Ocean and I returned home and even though it is hard work, it is also very rewarding. My mum has not been very well (torn knee ligament) which means she has been in bed since I came back and is unable to help me out with Alex, so once I get home from work, I usually do training with Ocean and her instructor and then come home to pick Alex from school. Then, after the routine bath, I leave him with my assistants, Sonic and Mario, and try to cook dinner whilst running into the other room every few minutes to check on him lol. Dan arrives home from work, we have dinner, do some cleaning and tidying up and off I go to put Alex to bed... I am lucky if I do not fall asleep first!

Sorry for the long explanation, but I am taking advantage of a "lucky" strike of insomnia to let you know what I am currently up to and why I have not posted yet. I forgot about Xmas, but that is a whole new story lol. Therefore, fear not, I have not forgotten you, my darlings. I am just struggling to get some me time at the moment, but I will try my best to post this weekend.

Take care xxx

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:42 pm

*big hugs for you!*

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:22 pm

thanks <3

Apologies guys, I got side tracked by real life again. It would seem that my whole department will soon be made redundant but we don't know when exactly. PepsiCo should announce it by 5th March. Until then, we wait. On a positive note, all the training with Ocean and Alex has paid off and we finally qualified this week as an Autism Assistance Dog Team. I can tell you this much, this qualification last Tuesday was as nerve wrecking as a driving test lol.

Fingers crossed, I should get more spare time now that the intensive training is over, so should be posting more often starting this week. Very sorry about the delay x

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Welcome back and congratulations on the certification.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:50 am

Sorry to hear about your job. Congrats on the certification.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:15 pm

thanks, hon xxx Hope you guys are well <3

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Sorry guys, rl delays. Dan is on snowboarding holiday until next Sunday so spare time is zero until Alex goes to bed... then I am so tired, I usually fall asleep too :P I will try and post later today x

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 pm

No worries, Nat.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:05 am

Yep no worries. Everyone knows I've had my share of delays, especially recently.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Delta Member

Postby Ictus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:31 pm

So.... you are all still around

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:51 pm

Indeed we are.

Hello guys, just a quick update.
Apologies for the absence, Alex has been poorly and then I was poorly coz he likes to share ;) On a good note, we are all healthy now and I landed a new job! Should start first week of May. It was a hard decision as I am giving up on a fair amount of money from the redundancy pay, but I am looking at the bigger picture and the long term goals: the pay is better, they have a yearly bonus and top benefits but most importantly, they assured me they will be flexible when it comes to Alex, which is the most important thing to me. And as an added bonus, it is only 15 mins away from home :)

Scary new beginnings... but I am always up for a challenge!!

Should be posting soon, take care y'all xxx

White Knight

Postby Frange1 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Congrats on the new job. Glad to hear things are starting to turn for the better. Sorry to hear you've been poorly.
- Friedrich Nietzche

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:53 pm

Congrats on the new job!
~Let the Beauty Sleep

PreviousNext

Return to Member Updates