Live-Action Walkure Music Videos

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Ace Pilot

Live-Action Walkure Music Videos

Postby InfernosCaress » Tue May 26, 2020 1:11 am

I noticed that all of the live-action music videos of Walkure from 'Macross Delta' were edited ones. They generally cut about 1/4 to 2/3 from length of the videos that they release for the public. Well, I happen to have two of the full versions. Since they do not seem to be available online, I decided to upload them.... once I had taught myself video editing and rendering.

The first one was a hidden track on an audio CD. It is an older song. Likewise, it has an accepted translation. So, I subbed it... once I had taught myself how to make subtitles. I think that it is the better video if for no other reason than for that Hero Shot. Why they would cut that from the released version, I have no idea. It's the best part.

As for the second video, Toyama Nao, who is the voice actress for the 1/4 Zolan character ‘Reina’ (or the chica in the green/blue if you still haven't seen the anime) has had a bi-weekly web series that has gone on since 2016. She covers anything and everything Macross-related that she happens to have come across. She had sort of a Quarantine Day Special where she invited all of the members of the Walkure to join her via web-cam. They debuted the video there. Since I was watching the show, I captured it. They have not released the lyrics for it, so it's not subbed. My Japanese is not great, but I can tell you that they are pissed off about people forcing gender roles on women (and the women that let them do it, whom they refer to as idiots). They call whoever it is that they are talking to a 'damn bastard' and a 'dream thief' and tell them to 'get the fuck out of my sight.' They are not happy campers.

Anyway, here are the videos.

"If It's A Once In A Lifetime Love"

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u4d6a

"The Future Is For Women"

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u4erd

Ace Pilot

Re: Live-Action Walkure Music Videos

Postby InfernosCaress » Tue May 26, 2020 5:34 pm

“Totsugeki Planet Explosion”

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7u4w8y

This one is not live-action, nor is it Walkure; it is the ending song from FB7. If you have already seen ‘Macross 7’ then it is the only part of the movie worth watching. Unless you need an M7 Refresher Course. Also, this is subbed because it was already that way when I ripped it.

I am adding it to this thread because it is probably the last one that I am going to do. Do you know how long it takes to render one of these songs? If your guess is less than two hours, you would be wrong. And I have to do it several times to find which settings on which program work best for which video. It suuuuuucks. So, yeah. I'm done.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Wed May 27, 2020 11:48 am

Thank you for putting these up. I'll watch them when I get home from work.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Ace Pilot

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed May 27, 2020 3:31 pm

You're welcome. They made, like, three other videos but I don't have them. I don't know why they go through the expense of creating them if they are not going to share them.

In the first video, they are playing in-character and wearing their signature colors. For the benefit of those who have not seen the show (or better yet: the movie):

Tactical Sound Unit Walkure is a privately operated iteration of Sound Force created by Lady M aboard the Megaroad-01. Ostensibly, they are tasked with cleaning up the mess created by Macross Frontier and Galaxy. They have their own hidden, nefarious objective.

Purple: Mikumo - Lead Singer and [ REDACTED ]

Red/Orange: Freyja - Main Character and resident goofy nugget. Ran away from her homeworld 'cause her village kept trying to set her up with a husband because at 14 she is an old spinster (her people have a 30 year lifespan).

Yellow: Kaname - Field Leader, only remaining member of the original Walkure. Possibly the only one who knows about their secret agenda.

Pink: Makina - Girly-girl mechanic and bestower of nicknames. Great-Granddaughter of Raizou Nakajima from Macross 0, the creator of the VF-0 Angel (but not the Phoenix as far as I know). May or may not be related to Megumi Nakajima, Ranka Lee's voice actress.

Green/Blue: Reina - Zolan Hacker. Joined Walkure because she was given the choice of that or prison after getting busted. Dating Makina.

Return to General Discussion