Server Software Upgrades

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

Server Software Upgrades

Postby Lanji » Tue May 03, 2016 1:23 am

Greetings everyone,

I wanted to drop by and let everyone know we're in the middle of a few server upgrades.

For full details see http://www.smarthostplan.com/news/server-upgrades/upgrade-and-maintenance-window-may-1-2016/.

Because the MySQL upgrade is taking a minimum of 2 hours for each version right now (being very causious, I know) it may take me all week to get us to the latest 5.6 version.

Regardless when we're done, I plan on the server being on the latest version of Apache 2.2, PHP 5.5, MySQL 5.6 and various other software on the server being updated.

Next week this may also include the MRC phpBB upgrading to the next minor patch version as well.

Thanks,
-Lanji

Webmaster (F)

Re: Server Software Upgrades

Postby Lanji » Wed May 04, 2016 12:05 am

Hi folks, just a quick test to make sure everything is working right.

I'm happy to report that the upgrade to MySQL 5.6 has worked. But I'm sad to say that I'm having issues with freetype that is blocking the upgrade of php to php5.5.

So far though everything is working and I'm going to stop for the night before I break anything! Report any errors here.

Thanks,
-Lanji

Game Master

Re: Server Software Upgrades

Postby Cobalt » Wed May 04, 2016 11:17 am

Everything seems to be working. Thanks.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Return to General Discussion