Macross Delta Episode 1 - Walkure short for WTF?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Webmaster (F)

Macross Delta Episode 1 - Walkure short for WTF?

Postby Lanji » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:00 am

Hiya everyone,

Just finished watching Episode 1 of Macross Delta.

Set 50 years in the future in 2067 AD, we're getting our first glimpse into the future of the Macross universe through the eyes of a stowaway and a day laborer who might just be one heck of a mecha dancer.

Either way, welcome to the very edge of the Milky Way Galaxy where Regna and Windarmere have been colonized by their respective fleets that look like they took off from a very different direction then the Macross Frontier Fleets went in the previous TV and Movie series.

Music direction wise, we have our nice little pop idol song which introduces our 4 members of Sound Force, I mean Walkure... And their 4 pilot / protectors Diamond Force Delta Force.... Way, I thought delta was a triangle... Either way, after looking like the day was saved, our first human enemy shows up all cocky as heck and gets trounced by our heros for all of 4 minutes until they regroup and carpet bomb Walkure.

Which of course leads us back to our singing stowaway who races out to join the idol group in singing a rather jazzy ska / punk song (a first for Macross I think!) without noticing that Walkure had a ton of automated protection and a complete force of pilots to back them up.

So in a move that none of us here at the MRC would be suprised by at this point, our dancing mecha driver jumps into a slightly disable VF laying around, gets is started, saves the stowaway, and shows some pretty mean dance moves that looked a lot light ska dancing mixed with Brazilian Jujitsu...

Then everyone has a moment, our mecha dancer becomes a VF pilot with a girl in his Gerwalk hand and flies out of missile range just in time to get shot down ending Episode 1!

Stay tuned for Episode 2...

Differences between Episode 1 and the Preview Pilot earlier this year. According to gg, the animation is sharper and they cleaned things up a bit. They also added several minutes at the end with our new mecha dancer saving the girl in true Macross fashion.

Leave your thoughts, ideas and suggestions in the thread.

Staff Trainee

Re: Macross Delta Episode 1 - Walkure short for WTF?

Postby Foxxy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:25 pm

Gyakakakaka, totally loving it so far. When Shoji says he's gonna go weird he ain't kidding. Its like Macross 7 and Plus had a baby and it came out Bizaro Isamu Guld.

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Wha? Source so I can view?

Nevermind, found a source :)
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:23 am

Its... Weird...

I'll keep watching because fandom though.
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Staff Trainee

Postby Foxxy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:59 pm

It gets a lot better by the third episode. MERCATS!

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:35 pm

I like those catfish, especially the arrogant one.

Also, two new humanoid races, one of which is apparently unrelated to the Protoculture.

Anyone able to catch which number colony fleet landed on Ragna? It looks like one of the older styles, judging from the small city ship.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Gerhard » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:38 pm

It looked like a New Macross class to me, but the way the "arm" detached in episode for then transformed for flight makes me wonder about that.

Although there are plenty of ships in the US Navy that are the same class, but have significant changes between them, so who knows.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Look at the city ship when they show it: it is small and the buildings stick out of the top of the dome like the one for Macross 7. As for the Battle Class, it more akin to the SDF-1, with carrier arms and the twin booms of the cannon rising from behind the shoulders. That is why I guess that it's an older model.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Gerhard » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:01 am

Went back and looked at the first appearance of the Elysion. It actually looks more like the Macross Quarter they had in Frontier, since that was less streamlined then the New Macross class.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:32 am

I can't load images on this crappy internet, but I know what you are talking about. That was my initial thought when I first saw it. The characters mention how huge it is though, so it can't be from the Quarter family. We'll probably have to wait until we see it transform to know which family it does belong to.

Staff Trainee

Postby Foxxy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:33 pm

It's possible it could be older than the Macross 7 hence why it looks more like origional Macross.I haven't seen episode 4 yet tho so i'm just throwing out a theory.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:59 pm

They haven't given away any more information on it.

Fun Facts: Macross Elysium was a fan comic. I gained a lot of popularity a couple of years back, and was even adapted in to a Motion Comic.

And Brisingr was a word from the fictional language in the Eragon novels. It came from the oldest civilization, and its using it allowed one to create and control fire.

While not from Delta, 'Klan Klein' is an old Germanic phrase meaning 'one of the short people'.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Gerhard » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 pm

If it was older I think it would look even more like the SDF-1 Macross, since the first Megaroad colony fleet (the ones before the New Macross class) where centered around the SDF-2 Megaroad which was actually a larger version of the SDF-1, and actually, I just read that they weren't transformable (It makes sense considering the colonists weren't in a separate city section like the New Macross ships, and we remember how much chaos that first transformation had on the city).

And actually, the word Brisingr is older. Paolini actually borrowed it from old Norse. It literally did mean fire, and he liked it so much he based the ancient language of the books upon that.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 pm

*gasp* Stealing words from old, dead dudes! How rude. And apparently, I am not so keen on ancient languages, since I had missed that. Good catch.

Perhaps Delta's ship was built between the time of the SDFN and New Macross class? That would account for its mix of styles. I noticed that, unless the twin booms were fireable, the Elysium doesn't have a macross cannon; it just has rail guns.

The Megaroad was WAY bigger than the SDF-1. You can see it behind the 1 in 'Flashback 2012'. It dwarfs that old ship. I wonder if you could fit on inside of a Megaroad...

On the topic of Flashback, here is another Fun Fact: the advertisement posters of the ships that Minmei was looking at has tiny writing on them, which are the opening lines from the 'Star Wars' script.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:00 pm

According to Macross Compendium, Mirage is the the daughter of Miranda Jenius. Comparing the girls' birth years with the Jenius Family Photo from 'The Galaxy Is Calling Me,' Miranda is the excited one with the pigtails.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... Family.jpg

Postby Kosh » Sun May 01, 2016 9:57 am

Her ears seem a lot shorter.... :P

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Sun May 01, 2016 10:15 am

That is because she still has her Baby Ears in that picture. In a few years they'll fall off, and her Grown-Up Ears will come in. :P

Postby Kosh » Sun May 01, 2016 10:31 am

Ah thank you for that explanation, Doctor Science. I see the Meltran race in a whole new light now :D

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Sun May 01, 2016 2:27 pm

You are quite welcome. If you have any other questions, your friendly xenobiologist is here for you.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Gerhard » Mon May 02, 2016 1:10 am

I was just watching episode 5 and Mirage actually states that her Grandfather was a Human and her Grandmother was a Zentradi, so it seems she's actually Max & Milia's granddaughter, not daughter.

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Mon May 02, 2016 1:43 pm

Yeah. I mentioned that a few days ago. Macross Compendium says that her mother is Miranda Jenius, the second-youngest of the clan.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Gerhard » Mon May 02, 2016 2:06 pm

Okay. I misread your post then. I thought you were saying that she was Max & Milia's daughter. It was late, sorry. XD

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Mon May 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Nothing to apologize for. I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just repeating it in case you missed it, was all. :)

Postby Kosh » Mon May 02, 2016 3:22 pm

I'll be honest, I must have skimmed your post as well, I thought you meant that was her in the picture too, hence the ear comment! :P No worries though, its nice to see the Jenius line continue. My question is though where is the Dyson line? :D

White Knight

Postby InfernosCaress » Mon May 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Frontier's planet, last we saw.

Next

Return to General Discussion