Halo Reach

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Halo Reach

Postby Kosh » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:32 am

Now firmly a convert into the world of Spartans, Warthogs and Brutes I was wondering if anyone from our fair little community is playing Halo Reach as well?

If so feel free to give me a shout, normaly I would be worried about the cross puddle lag but after the weekend and possibley taking on half the western coast I dont see that as a problem. The tag is ShinKosh.

On a related topic for the chosen few, what weapons/armor mods do you like using? For myself it has to be the Assault Rifle/Energy Sword Combo with Armor Lock. Jetpacks and Run Mode is all nice and all to get around but when the shit hits the fan, I like to not die in a hail of grenades or become a freekill and speed bump to some clown in a Ghost.

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:39 am

I bought the game on pre-order and received it last friday... but thats about it. I've been playing too much StarCraft2 and Fable2(getting ready for fable3) to even open the UPS box.
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby araruin » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm

I am Legendary in Halo. There isn't a campaign I haven't beat on Legendary yet. Reach has been the hardest so far. I've always hated the elite, because they are such awesome opponents, but now with their dodge ability, I hate them more.

My weapons of choice are DMR(BR-55), Pistol, and Needle Rifle. I am a headshot honcho. When facing the Flood, I use the Energy Sword and Brute Shot to make sure they stay down.

Staff Trainee

Postby Foxxy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm really into the fact you can customize your armor for campaign play as well as online play. According to bungies site, my weapon of choice is my fist ^_^, Otherwise i honestly just run around with the assault rifle.

Lately the weapon iv really liked rocking in firefight is the grenade launcher, Can get -alot- of memorable experiences from that ^_^. Anyone else got a Killionaire yet?

Postby Kosh » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:36 am

I saw you on last night Araruin, we should get a game in together sometime. I have to be honest though, head shots for me are something of a novelty as I tend to stick with fully automatic or faster weapons. I only get DMR kills when im forced into a round of SWAT.

As for the humie nade launcher, I cant seem to get the hang of that either, I can spam it all over the shop but if I want something dead I always resort to a hail of lead or the Mk I Spartan fist.

From the Halo site I seem to have hit 9/1 kills in firefight before but never hit the big 10. I have however clubbed my mate to death with the flag.

Return to General Discussion