Cobalt & BEAR Invade Disneyland

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Game Master

Cobalt & BEAR Invade Disneyland

Postby Cobalt » Fri May 28, 2010 10:34 am

Okay, so it was actually Cobalt, Bleu, BEAR, and the lovely Mrs. BEAR that invaded Downtown Disney but Bleu was camera shy and I haven't gotten the lovely Mrs. BEAR's permission to put her picture up so here you have a picture of Cobalt and BEAR posing after victoriously savaging the magical kingdom.

Cobalt is the one in the red shirt. Oh, and just because I am geeking it big time, I am holding a Mass Effect N& hoodie over my arm.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri May 28, 2010 11:17 am

I'm jealous... i've never been to disney land, or disney world. sadpanda
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing." - Optimus Prime

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Fri May 28, 2010 11:29 am

That was an awesome day :)

Bleu was just off to the side, trying to sneakily steal my Stitch Medal-thing while Wayne distracted me...

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri May 28, 2010 11:42 am

Bleu avoids pictures haha, all those star wars ones from the convention were missing a certain someone... We can all tell Wayne isn't camera shy though. He takes pictures everywhere he goes.

O.o

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Ah... the star wars convention. That was a good time. Lots of pictures. What can I say, I love being in front of the camera. :D

It was way awesome to get to meet BEAR in person, though. A lot of fun. We have to do it again sometime soon.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Power Member

Postby Nekopawed » Fri May 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Always nice to see who you are playing with!

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri May 28, 2010 3:41 pm

If its not in a picture, it doesn't exist. I think Bleu is Cobalt's imaginary friend. :)

Flight Leader

Postby Sparky » Fri May 28, 2010 4:02 pm

I'll vouch that she is real. I heard her voice once upon a time. But then again... coulda been Cobalt doing some sort of crazy strange voice!

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Fri May 28, 2010 6:21 pm

Ahh... a challenge is it.

Alright, here it is. A repost of the infamous Cobra Squadron at the 2003 Anime Expo.

From the left: Bleu, Cobalt, Beltane70, and Gerhard.

And. from the 2001 Anime Expo, here is Bleu as Pirotess from Lodoss Wars.

And, a picture of my dear Bleu in her favorite bellydance headdress.

Bam!!!

Oh yeah...
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Sat May 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Eh-hem. Looks like somebody got a little cut 'n paste happy with the photo album. 8)

What happened to "hey babe, is it alright if I put up a pic of you on the Discussion Board? They don't believe you're real."
"Hey, didn't dad say, 'no more DNA experiments on the neighborhood kids?" - Johnny Test

Postby Phantomj » Sun May 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Agreed Bleu agreed and Bear he's got a red shirt on. You know what happens to the red shirts. :wink: :lol:
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Hmm... right...

I think you confused us with a Star Trek board, PJ. No red shirt danger in Macross.

Besides, can I be blamed for getting post happy with the pictures? Rroowrrr...
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Phantomj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:49 pm

No I can't blame ya for the pic posting frenzy. oh and who do you think flies the many fighters that get blown out of the sky in all the dog fight scenes. :lol: jk of course.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:12 pm

OMGWTFBBQ?

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Seriously, BEAR, I know exactly what you mean. Maybe we can survive the attempted thread hijacking and get back to what this thread was originally about.

Anyways, the proof is up. Bleu is real.

I have more cosplay pics, too. She was a perfect Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty / Kingdom Hearts. Made a little girl's day at Disneyland, too, when she stopped to pose for a picture with her.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Don;t suppose you guys have a copy of that picture on hand? I know the Mrs. BEAR loves sleeping beauty?

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Absolutely. Here we go.

The funny thing was that we were at the Disneyland hotel and a little girl and her mother came up to us and asked if they could get a photo with Vonni because Sleeping Beauty was her favorite disney cartoon and Maleficent was her favorite Disney Villain.

The smile on that little girl's face could have lit Los Angeles.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Postby Phantomj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:56 pm

I all ways wondered what Bear looked like now I do and as Cobalt put it yes the mighty Bleu does exist.

Game Master

Postby BEAR » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:29 am

That is a freaking awesome cosplay of Malicifent

[ B E A R ]
I used to be a King;
now I drag my Throne

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 am

Thanks, BEAR!

I think I might have mentioned it at Disneyland that Maleficent is my favorite Disney Villain (although, Stitch is my FAVORITE of ALL the Disney characters). My only regret is we did not get a picture of the back of that costume. See, I can't really sew from scratch (no machine). But I'm very good at altering pre-made garments sewing by hand. Sooo, that is an official Disney Maleficent costume, with some alterations to make it more screen accurate.

I won't belabor this post and go into all of the altered details. Suffice to say the hardest alteration, and the one I'm most proud of, you can't see in the photo. I created the black flame shaped train for Maleficent's robe and added it to the back. :)
"Hey, didn't dad say, 'no more DNA experiments on the neighborhood kids?" - Johnny Test

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 pm

I remember when you were altering it. That was something of an enjoyable nightmare, if that makes any sense at all. Funny note, the staff is a curtain rod with a rubber ball glued to the top of it.

Vonni also made the vests for our Macross costumes. We still have those Macross costumes, btw, but I need to lose some weight before I can get back into mine.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Game Master

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:23 am

Wow, Bleu's last cosplay photo image was great!

Well done.

Assistant Game Master

Postby Bleu » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:52 am

Funny note, the staff is a curtain rod with a rubber ball glued to the top of it.

Oh yeh! Actually, it was a tension rod. I used a tension rod because at the time we were still living in Washington state, and there was no way I could get a full size rod on a plane to L.A. for the Anime Expo. So, I needed to make Maleficent's staff out of something that could telescope down to a foot and a half to fit inside my suitcase, and then extend and lock into place at the con. You know, with TSA geeking out over nail files and lip gloss. It's a wonder they still allow pens and pencils onboard. I mean, did they see the movie, RED EYE?

Anyway, I digress.

Thanks for kudos on the Maleficent costume, Bear, Sabre. :D But, ironically, I think my best cosplay achievement ever was when I shredded Gerhard/Tom's face for our Resident Evil group cosplay at Sakura Con. Sabre, I think you went with us for that one, didn't you?

I'm not sure if it was the depth of the lacerations or the trauma bruising under the other eye, or the combination of both, but people would occasionally walk up to him throughout the day and ask him if his wounds were real. *L*

Oh yeh! I almost forgot! NOW, do you all believe I'm REAL? 8)

Postby Kosh » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:44 am

Ok...

Thats the last time I jump into a thread and hammer straight to the bottom :P That looks really good (and painful!).

Awesome work on that one Bleu, and dont listen to every one else, I always knew you were real :D

Game Master

Postby araruin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:44 am

Oh yeh! I almost forgot! NOW, do you all believe I'm REAL?

I don't know. I hear that people make extra accounts and that all girls on the internet are really fat middle aged guys. You seem way to cool to be a real girl. :)

Next

Return to General Discussion