Macross Ultimate Frontier

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Ace Pilot

Macross Ultimate Frontier

Postby camk4evr » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:39 am

My copy of the PSP game, Macross Ultimate Frontier, just came in today. I've only played three missions so far so I can't do much by way of a review, yet, but I'll do what I can.

Though the control scheme has changed somewhat it still plays like Macross Ace Frontier. Unlike MAF it includes Macross Zero and Macross II story missions and it appears, judging from the title sequence, that you can use armoured Valkyries (including the armoured VF-25). Like the first game you select your support unit (two of them this time) and an operator (included in the choices is Misa Hayase)

Right now I'm in the Macross Zero missions where you start off in a VF-0 but, after completing the first mission I unlocked an F-14 (called a type 14 in the game).

At any rate, that's all I can say about the game so far as my PSP needs to recharge.

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Do you find it difficult to control things with only one control nub? I'd think in a flying game you'd need two control sticks to have effective control.

I just wish more macross stuff would be released in the US. (shrug)

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:40 am

No, I haven't had any problem with only having one control nub. The analogue nub defaults as the transformation controls, just like in Ace Frontier, and I never bothered to change that (don't even know if you can, to be honest).

I just wish more macross stuff would be released in the US. (shrug)

*Sigh* I do too. Fortunately the PSP isn't region coded so I was able to import the game.

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:15 pm

Cool. I've heard various people complaining about the lone nub and just wondered if it hampered gameplay here.

So much hope after they released the original Macross here. Oh well, I guess I'll just buy a PSP and learn Japanese.

Postby TMR74 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:47 am

Cool. Where did you order it? [DROOLS.] I didn't know my PSP wasn't coded by region. =)
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.... (JFK)

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:17 pm

I ordered it through a friend of mine who used to own a store (long story) but you can order it from some online stores.

Return to General Discussion