has anyone noticecd....?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

does it bother you too?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:53 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 5
Staff Trainee

has anyone noticecd....?

Postby Jagernaut » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:53 pm

has anyone noticed lately....

In the last two days alone there have been three new users signed up that I don't think are real people. One was for acai berry something, another was for some kind of facebook knockoff I believe, and the third... uhhhh... I can't remember it just now.

I checked out their profiles out of sheere curiosity and found no other info but a website link in their info.

It makes me both offended and curious at the same time.
offended because because it's like being a door to door vacume cleaner salesman. (I used to be one for a short while.... I hated my job. :oops: )
curious because I wonder how it can automaticaly create a user account like that. :o

does it bother you too?
"In here only the mind can grant you power."

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:19 pm

LOL, you just noticed? Xuric and Araruin have been fighting the loosing battle against automatic registrations for a while even though I've enabled everything we could think of to stop them.

One of the features of 3.0 that is going to be fun to install will be a tool that automatically deletes any accounts that have no posts within X days of being created which will help that a TON.

-Chris

Staff Trainee

Postby Jagernaut » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:38 pm

One word:
Awsome. 8)
"In here only the mind can grant you power."

Game Master

Postby Cobalt » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 am

That is gonna be awesome.
~Let the Beauty Sleep

Webmaster (F)

Postby Lanji » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:58 pm

Please mind though, I've been saying the same thing to Xuric and Araruin for a while now too and they both are most likely laughing at me (or by themselves) about how many times I've said that and still haven't got the new site out...

Stupid, hard to maintain version 2 of the Character ID code base...

-Chris

Return to General Discussion