Does anyone else collect?

This board is for the discussion of Anime, Macross or the Macross RPG Community in general. All discussions on this board are out of character. Please remember that the MRC has a very strict Non-Flaming, Non-Advertising, and Non-Spamming policy.

Moderator: Shared Resources Group

Flight Leader

Does anyone else collect?

Postby Ender » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:12 pm

I know this is going to sound dorky but I was wondering if anyone else collected the toys and models from macross and (gulp) robotech?

I do (never said I was cool just really good looking :wink: ). In fact I just got in my 1/60 scale VF-25S Ozma made by Bandai. OMG it's beautiful.

Power Member

Postby tHatarMed » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 pm

I've never collected Macross / Robotech stuff, though I do have a couple of the VF-1 series somewhere around my house (I'm not really sure where they vanished to). Though I do get my nerdgasm off to other dorky things, like Warhammer: 40,000.

Yep. A grown man that not only plays with, but pays sometimes upwards of $25 for toy soldiers that come unassembled and unpainted. :roll:
[6227777]

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:01 pm

I have 2 Vf's and an Alpha. So I guess I am as dorky as you guys.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Power Member

Postby tHatarMed » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Welcome to the legion vast!
[6227777]

Postby Phantomj » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Alas I would have to have a job and money to get stuff.
"We all wear masks, Spider-Man. But which one is real, the one that hides your face or the one that is your face?"

The Green Goblin from The Spectacular Spiderman Animated TV Series.

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:03 pm

I would if I had the space to put them

Postby Kosh » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:50 am

5 VF1's, a model YF-19 and VF-19 sit with my Starfury and Sephiroth statue :)

Also as for Warhammer 40,000, your not a real space marine unless you have 2 hearts :P

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:46 am

Glad I'm not alone. 8)

As for money and space.... who cares about debt when you have a VF-1S? Who needs room for family pictures or other "sentimental things" when you have a VF-19? :lol:

One suggestion though, don't buy anything by Yamato. I have the Yamato VF-1S and it sucks. Never could get it to stay in Gerwalk mode. :x

As for Warhammer 40k.... OMG I love it. Never played. I live in a small town in the boonies. I have all the Ciaphus Cain, Blood Raven, most of the Horus Heresy, Gaunt's Ghosts, and Ultramarine novels.

Who do you play as? I hope it's not the heretics. "FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!"

Postby Kosh » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:45 am

I was a Dark Angel but a few years ago I switched over to Black Templars. They guys are as loony as they come and still be loyal.

But yes, Loyal always.

Game Master

Postby MustangGT02 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:29 pm

I didnt know we were mentioning dice play army sets. I also own a complete army set of Warhammer. It is the Empire army. Nice set but not completed. Im still painting the pieces.
"Luke...I am your father..." ~ Empire Strikes Back

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:17 am

It wasn't at first... but hey if you can collect it, why not? :lol:

I'm thinking about getting Maia Sterling's Shadow Alpha (even if it is purple). :oops:

What I really want though is an SDF. Not sure if I want the show version or the "Do You Remember Love" version. What do you all think?

White Knight

Postby IronQueen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:47 am

The models we have in our little collection: Yamato Original YF-19, Yamato Millia's 639 Q-Rau, VF-17 Nightmare, the Revoltech Yamaguchi Regult and a VF-11, the Glau, VF-1 Strike Max type and YF-21 :)

My favourite has to be the original model for the YF-19, which I gave to my other half in the first Xmas we spent together... lol, you should've seen his eyes. Priceless :)
kimi ni fureyou to suru hodo tsukande wa kieru "yuki no hana"
https://youtu.be/bDGm_GGaqo8

Assistant Game Master (SM)

Postby Flare™ » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:29 pm

I have some Gundams somewhere packed away and I have a VF-1J Max type.

I definately want the VF-25!
*Founding Member and President of the Klan Klein/Klan Klan Fan Club*

I take pics! See them on Instagram @JPhillipePhotos

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:55 pm

:o WOW Impressive collection IronQueen.

Flare might I suggest the Bandai VF-25S Ozma... that's if you can afford the s&h? I paid almost $40 just to have it shipped from Tokoyo, but it was worth it. As I've said before, OMG it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

Ace Pilot

Postby COBRA » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:43 pm

Well I might as well join the nerd-wagon while I'm still here and cough up what's hiding behind my comp desk. :P

Yamato original VF-11B, YF-21, VF-0.
Banpresto VF-1J and 2 VF-1A, with full Super Valkyrie armour and weapons add on set.
Bandai VF-19S, and one which I glare in disgust at: the VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Yeah I hate my Fire Valkyrie as well and I'm going to put in on Ebay soon. What were the Mac 7 people thinking?

I'm thinking about trying to pick up a couple of Destroids. Always liked the Tomahawk. Maybe that or the Monster (awesome sequence in Mac 0 with one)?

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:29 pm

What's wrong with it (besides the pilot that is ^_^)?

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:25 am

The Face for one. Who puts a face on a Valkyrie? I haven't seen a Gundam with a face. Looks a bit... corny. That's just my opinion though.

I also don't like the fact it shoots speakers. Defeat your oponent with music... actually not a bad idea. I'm goining to send some samples of me singing to the Army, and see what kind of diabolical weapon of mass destuction they come up with. Bow before my sining. :evil: :lol:

Postby Flare™ » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:57 am

COBRA wrote:Well I might as well join the nerd-wagon while I'm still here and cough up what's hiding behind my comp desk. :P

Yamato original VF-11B, YF-21, VF-0.
Banpresto VF-1J and 2 VF-1A, with full Super Valkyrie armour and weapons add on set.
Bandai VF-19S, and one which I glare in disgust at: the VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie

AH I have the Kai and the VF-17 somewhere also. Yes its a major eyesore.

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:27 am

Which one the Kai or 17... cause I acyually like the 17 (can't find one I can afford right now)?

Which reminds me... what happened to the VF19's and 21's? Does it ever explain in Frontier why they went with the 17's... and why Spacy seems to have quit teaching their pilots how to transform? (shrug)

Think I'm getting the SDF next month. That's if everything goes according to plan.

Postby Flare™ » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Ender wrote:Which one the Kai or 17... cause I acyually like the 17 (can't find one I can afford right now)?

Which reminds me... what happened to the VF19's and 21's? Does it ever explain in Frontier why they went with the 17's... and why Spacy seems to have quit teaching their pilots how to transform? (shrug)

Think I'm getting the SDF next month. That's if everything goes according to plan.

The Kai actually

And I believe the fighter used is the VF-117 not the VF-17.

Ace Pilot

Postby camk4evr » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:59 pm

They didn't give an in universe explanation for why they went with the VF-117 (which is an easier to use version of the VF-17).

If I had to come up with a reason I'd say that it was a combination of production delays and cost

Postby Kosh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:22 am

Canon wise the story was it was easier to mass produce enhanced VF-17's with technology tested for supernova to make a new main line fighter as well as cheaper as it was something like 1 VF-19/22 or 3 17's. Strip out the steal hoha of the 17 and you get the 117. Otherwise known and a flying coffin.

As for real world reasons, the head honcho felt that the 19/22's looked to much like a "heros" fighter to be the new cannon fodder so he rolled out the trusty bullet magnet that is the 17.

Flight Leader

Postby Ender » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 am

Makes alot of sense Kosh. The active stealth systems of the 19/22's has got to be way more expensive than the passive system for the 17.

As for them looking like hero fighters... yeah I'd be peeved if I saw 19's getting shot down left and right. They're my favs and always will (25 is cool but lacks something the 19 had in Mac Plus and 7).

Group Leader

Postby Mr.F » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:56 am

Hmmn, perhaps I'm the only one, but I would have loved to see some hero-esque fighters be blown into space dust.

I much prefer anyonewho can make something extraordinary of a very simple standardized thing like the 11. Not that one can see alot fo that anywhere though...

As for collecting, no I dont really. They would just collect dust me thinks. hmmn, now that I think about it though I suppose one could say I collect spare parts, old things, and stuff that "may be usefull later". Perhaps I should not judge toy collecting... perhaps. But my stuff does see use at times at the very least (Yes, things that "may be useful later" actually can be useful later).

/Mr.F - Off to trade a faulty spare part (that's what you get for buying something new. Doesn't work)

Next

Return to General Discussion